Remission - is there a sweeter word? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-24-2015, 08:38 AM   #15
Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita

As a survivor who has also lost his wife to our enemy, I know how special each new day and opportunity can feel. I am overjoyed for your progress. Keep working on that future!~

J.F.Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:56 AM   #16
Name: Sara
Trailer: 2005 Escape 17B
Thank you, everyone. I'm very touched that you rejoice with me in this! To those of you that have been personally touched by cancer, my heart goes out to you. One of the blessings of this is seeing the goodness in the human spirit. I've been given such support. Your responses are an example of this.

I'm wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year!

Sarandipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:06 AM   #17
Name: Barb
Trailer: currently shopping
Sarah's challenge

Originally Posted by Sarandipity View Post
I wanted to give my fiberglass rv family an update...

Some of you may remember: I purchased a used Escape (17b) back in the summer with the plan to go full time in March of 2016. Well, best laid plans... I was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of leukemia in October and I've been fighting this new battle since then.

The good news is: I'm now in REMISSION!

I'll need to continue my chemo for another 8 months, to keep the cancer from coming back, but oh, what a glorious word "remission" is. My prognosis for a full cure is excellent.

Even though my launch date for going full-time has been pushed back, I'm still working on the egg to get it ready. It gives me something wonderful to look forward to.

I started a blog back in Aug. called Sarandipity Travels to document the process of getting ready to go on the road, and then to share my travels and photography. It's morphed into a platform for also sharing my cancer story. If anyone would like to read about my travel plans, or my journey through leukemia, here's the link:

Sarandipity Travels

I hope to meet many of you down the road. Late 2016 looks like a good time to start attending rallies. Until then...

I have been following your blog and was elated first when you had the positive news that your particular type of cancer was very treatable and then a couple days ago when you were in remission. I love your writing style and your positive outlook on life in general. Hope to meet you somewhere when you are travelling again. MERRY CHRISTMAS and I know it will be a fabulous NEW YEAR! Barb
Barb in Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #18
Name: Martin
Trailer: 1993 CASITA 16SD
From one survivor to another: "High five!"
CASITA BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #19
Name: Kathleen (Kai in Seattle)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973
Best wishes to you, Sara, good to hear about your story and your wonderfully positive attitude!

Kai in Seattle
Merry Christmas
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:09 PM   #20
Name: Earl and Kathryn
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 13'
Excellent news, Sara!

Looking forward to hearing of your full-timing adventures!
EarlandKathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:16 PM   #21
Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Well Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Sara!!! Great News!
"I do not understand how anyone can live without some small place of enchantment to turn to." M K Rawlings

Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:04 AM   #22
Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Thumbs up Praying

Sara still Praying . love to read your post

MRClaus is offline   Reply With Quote