Removed the stinky slinky tube - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-05-2016, 08:16 PM   #21

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Who??

lol...what ..who..where..why??

(2) Big Green Eggs for cooking..(1) Egg for camping
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:29 PM   #22

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I already got the answer on another forum. He posted it and answered the question. The type of epoxy he used and he got the paint from Scamp, that's why it was a perfect match. He then sanded it with wet 2000 grit sandpaper. He did a great job!
There's no need to be rude or condescending. I also asked a question on another thread and the senior members were very rude and discourteous, as you can tell by the previous post. This gives FGRV owners and the site a bad name. I was reading on the Escape forums as well as others about the rudeness and immaturity on this forum.
Marky

Happy Camping!
Marky
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:07 PM   #23

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Marky....I was only kidding

Marky,

I was only kidding,

Bill

(2) Big Green Eggs for cooking..(1) Egg for camping
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:11 PM   #24

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Oh my stars. Sometimes these replies to forums move REALLY FAST. Marky asked a question and totally missed the answer in post #4. No ones fault, really. It wasn't about being rude....
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:21 PM   #25

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Oh my stars. Sometimes these replies to forums move REALLY FAST. Marky asked a question and totally missed the answer in post #4. No ones fault, really. It wasn't about being rude....
You missed the whole thread Donna. I read the 4th post when he answered my question. The other posts have been deleted.
On The other thread I asked a question and was told not to get my knickers (woman's undergarment) in a bunch by a senior member.
There's a lot of new people asking questions who have never used a forum or towed an RV. It's a chance for us to show them how great fiberglass RVs are and even convince them to get one and support the manufactures. There are others who own other types of RVs that might be interested in fiberglass. We won't win them over or get their respect if we treat them like this.
I had a KZ before and was fortunate enough to have camped during a Casita rally. The Casita owners were amazing! They invited us to all their activities even tho we had a KZ. This is why I bought a Casita. Not once did they say one bad thing about my KZ. I'd probably still have my 2013 KZ if I had asked questions on this site about fiberglass and was told my "sticky" is a piece of junk.
FGRV can be one of the greatest on the net for fiberglass RVs.
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:09 AM   #26

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I put a square fence post with end caps on hinges, under the trailer and it takes a long hose with the attachments on it.
Where did you find that. I don't know how many of those rubber end caps I have left on the side of the highway when they were sucked off by the wind! Or are those literally the fence post caps that go on 4x4 lumber?
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:13 AM   #27

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR View Post
Where did you find that. I don't know how many of those rubber end caps I have left on the side of the highway when they were sucked off by the wind! Or are those literally the fence post caps that go on 4x4 lumber?
Tim, The cap is PVC as well. I picked up the post and cap at a Home Depot in Washington State in their garden area. Could not find any here in BC at Home Depot. But someone told me that if you ask they can order them in. You may have the same issue in Alberta.

I did have to do a bit of fiddling to get the cap to work well with the hinge and clasp - used instructions from the Casita forum as a guide with some modifications. The hardware I used is stainless from a local marine shop. I spray painted it black with plastic outdoor furniture paint. Sand the post lightly before painting.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:29 AM   #28

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Tim, The cap is PVC as well. I picked up the post and cap at a Home Depot in Washington State in their garden area. Could not find any here in BC at Home Depot. But someone told me that if you ask they can order them in. You may have the same issue in Alberta.

I did have to do a bit of fiddling to get the cap to work well with the hinge and clasp - used instructions from the Casita forum as a guide with some modifications. The hardware I used is stainless from a local marine shop. I spray painted it black with plastic outdoor furniture paint. Sand the post lightly before painting.
Yes I could see the hinge not working easily since it would have to come out first then swing open. Interesting idea though that's gotta be better than losing the rubber ones. Do the screws protrude into the inside much? Thinking they might bind on the hose as it comes out.
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #29

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR View Post
Yes I could see the hinge not working easily since it would have to come out first then swing open. Interesting idea though that's gotta be better than losing the rubber ones. Do the screws protrude into the inside much? Thinking they might bind on the hose as it comes out.
I used short bolts with nuts to secure the hardware so there was not any pointed screws on the inside to puncher the hose. I also mounted the tube so the door opened from the side so it was not being pulled out and over any hardware.

One additional thing I should have done was purchased a small carabiner and attached it to the latch for keeping the clasp closed - although the little sticks in the latch have held for thousands of miles of trips so far :lout
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #30

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
To repeat my earlier post/suggestion...for complete materials list and instructions with photos just google: RV Sewer Hose storage....there are dozens of suggestions and pictures...the best is a simple 5"X5" PVC square (hollow) fence post plus top (end) caps for said post...attach it anywhere you wish...use metal straps or cable ties or whatever...attach end caps with hinges or bungee etc.....It is not rocket science.
There are plenty of pictures for the learning impaired.
Carol H figured it out...you can too !
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 02:15 PM   #31

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
To repeat my earlier post/suggestion...for complete materials list and instructions with photos just google: RV Sewer Hose storage....there are dozens of suggestions and pictures...the best is a simple 5"X5" PVC square (hollow) fence post plus top (end) caps for said post...attach it anywhere you wish...use metal straps or cable ties or whatever...attach end caps with hinges or bungee etc.....It is not rocket science.
There are plenty of pictures for the learning impaired.
Carol H figured it out...you can too !
I'm going to disagree with this. People join FiberglassRV to build a community with all-molded-towable owners, share modification ideas, problem solve issues, etc. Chasing people off to Google to find the answers is not doing any of those things.

Spatial learners are not learning impaired.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #32

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
Donna D., Quite often the answers are found elsewhere...if you visit Google on this one you will see a lot of photos and information.

Answers are where you find them. The Google search just added to a FGRV members great method of using the 5"X5" PVC Post vs. a 4 inch round PVC pipe.

If you don't know where you are going any road will do.
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote