Renaissance Arts Faires/Festivals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2009, 10:11 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
There will be one happening in Las Cruces next weekend.
http://www.las-cruces-arts.org/event...nce-artsfaire/

Renaissance ArtsFaire 2009 - Saturday, November 7th and Sunday, November 8th

Since its inception in 1971, this annual festival has steadily grown and now attracts over 25,000 people to Young Park on the first weekend of November - this year (2009) on Saturday, November 7th and Sunday, November 8th. One of the largest cultural events in Southern New Mexico, this juried art show showcases local and regional artists, crafts-people and entertainers. All proceeds from artist booth fees, food booth fees, non-profit information booth fees and donations at the gates go to support DAAC programs.

Location & Directions: Young Park is located one block south of the intersection of Lohman and Walnut Avenues and is easily accessible from both I-25 (Lohman exit) and I-10 (Amador exit). To avoid parking congestion, attendees are encouraged to ride the FREE yellow-bus-shuttles from the Mesilla Valley Mall, to and from the park. Watch for the signs and the big yellow school busses. The shuttle will run every 10 - 15 minutes beginning at 9am each day.

NEW MEXICO
Cloudcroft Renaissance Fantasy Faire
June 19 - 21, 2009, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Admission: TBD / Contact: The Village of Cloudcroft, Rhonda Napoleon, PO Box 455, Cloudcroft, NM 88317, (505) 682-3126 or (505) 687-3200, email: napony1express[at]msn.com or coolpinesreservations[at]yahoo.com, web: http://skylinecyberworld.com/Specialevent.htm / Site: Cloudcroft Zenith Park / Booths: 46 / Attendance: 1200 / Weapons: must be peace-tied / RV campsites.

Dona Ana Arts Council Renaissance Arts Faire
November 7 - 8, 2009, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sun. 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Admission: $5 donation/ Contact: Cati Waterman, Dona Ana Arts Council, PO Box 1721, Las Cruces, NM 88004, (505) 523-6403, email: info[at]daarts.org, web: www.daarts.org / Site: Young Park, Las Cruces, NM / Booths: 170 / Attendance: 30,000 / Weapons: must be peace-tied / Camping, motels nearby.

Farmington Renaissance Faire
October 3 - 4, 2009, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sun. 11a.m. - 5 p.m.
Admission: FREE / Contact: Farmington Museum, Debbie Doggett, 3041 E Main St, Farmington, NM 87402, (505) 566-2290, email: ddoggett[at]fmtn.org, web: www.farmingtonmuseum.org / Site: Rocky Reach Landing, off Browning Pkwy, in Farmington, NM / Booths: 50+ / Attendance: 7,500 / Weapons: must be sheathed and peace-tied / On-site camping available for participants.

Santa Fe Renaissance Faire
September 19 - 20, 2009, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Admission: / Contact: Dara Fogel Aver, 2976 Rodeo Park Drive East, Santa Fe, NM 87505, 505-428-2347, email: dara[at]openhands.org, web: www.sfrenfair.org / Site: El Ranch de las Golondrinas, Santa Fe, NM / Booths: N/A / Attendance: N/A / Weapons: call for policy

http://www.renaissancemagazine.com/fairelist.html

http://www.historicalweaponsstore.com/rena...ival-dates.html
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We go to the one in Bristol, WI every year. We both have costumes but have not worn them. Our daughter usually goes with us. She refuses to go if we wear them.

CindyL
Old 11-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Adrian - Thanx for posting a list of Faires in New Mexico and the links. Haven't participated in a Renaissance Faire yet but it's on the ol' "Bucket List" - costumes mandatory. Hmmm, bet DH would look good in tights! But he'd probably choose Merlin's robes.

Cindy - don those costumes and have a blast in the "past lane". Guess Daughter could stay home and feed the dogs? L 'n D

Old 11-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I will wear them some day. The temp is usually in the 90s too, so it would have to be the right day. And I might have to bribe the hubby. He bought the costume (Mine came from ebay.) there, but...

CindyL
Old 11-03-2009, 06:47 AM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Cool

As the guy on TV sings:

"Fake sword fights and men in green wool tights!"

What's not to love?
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #6

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
This one in MN
http://www.renaissancefest.com/MRF/

Click image for larger version

Name:	2356.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	24799

Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #7

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
for me, the highlight of the summer is the Winnipeg Folk Festival. I think the total attendance last year was 73,000. I have done volunteer duty for 16 years and just love it. it's really the reason I have an egg. the RV section in the campground is full of them... seems to be the folkies choice next to the VW bus. we don't do the dress up thing but if you did, nobody would mind.
http://www.winnipegfolkfestival.ca/
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Kevin - Whoa, those costumes are amazing! Thanx for posting that link, too.
Scott - thank you for the Winnipeg link, too!