Replacement windows for 85' U-Haul 13' - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #41

Name: Jan
Trailer: UHaul, 84, 13'.
Pennsylvania
I replaced side n door window on 85 uhaul

I was sick of the leaking and messing with fixes so had Glass Doctor in Millersburg, Oh replace them and the new ones are wonderful! I am very glad I did it, expensive but END of problem.
mossygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #42

Name: Toby
Trailer: Uhaul CT13
Virginia
Registry
I may be researching replacement windows soon. The Escape Pod has some rectangular, decidedly un-aerodynamic framed windows with square corners jutting our from where nearly flush windows with smoothly rounded corners should be.

If I go down this rabbit hole, I will denote such and post updates.

Cheers!
trcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:16 AM   #43

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
I replaced the rear/side windows in my CT with horse trailer windows earlier this year. Very economical, but took some fussing both to install, and later to chase down a few minor leaks.
I described it on the last page of my build thread:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-66181-17.html
Under $250 for the pair, including shipping from Oregon(?) to Iowa.
Not a "high end" solution, but I'm quite pleased with them.

I had to trim the height of the opening about 1/4" top & bottom, and take about that much off the aluminum flange of the window itself. Because of the modest overlap onto the CT skin, I set them with automotive windshield urethane.
So.........not for the faint of heart, but an option............
Old 04-20-2021, 10:56 AM   #44

Name: Deb
Trailer: 1980 13 foot Burro owner, renovating
Minnesota
Hi, I just found your old posts, I'm looking for sources bro replace my Burro windows and wonder how they worked for you?
Beautaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:29 PM   #45

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
Deb,
If you're asking about our horse-trailer windows, I feel they've worked out fine for us.
The big caveat with them is they're not designed for the U-Haul window-recesses. So I trimmed material both from the camper window opening AND from the brand-new window flanges. 2 Things most folks wouldn't want to do.
And then I glued them in place with automotive windshield polyurethane---a wonderful & durable material than can be incredibly messy to work with..... so, a 3rd caveat.
Hence, I don't promote our path, even tho' it worked well for us.
Gary

Likewise, even though I loved driving old air-cooled Beetles for years, I wouldn't recommend them to hardly anyone........'cause you have to tinker with them all the time........and you still end up with an only-marginally-safe vehicle, that gets mediocre mileage, with precious few creature comforts.

Tags
u-haul, windows