Replacement windows for 85' U-Haul 13' - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #29
Member
 
Higginra's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Trailer: CT13
Indiana
Posts: 78
I will let you know as I am ordering it tommorow.
__________________

__________________
Higginra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #30
Member
 
Higginra's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Trailer: CT13
Indiana
Posts: 78
Just received the right one

I just received the right one so I will be installing it also. I had it made to the slightly larger than the other side as I noted before. When it warms up I will take pictures. Also I think I may have forgot to note I removed the foam seam that the window comes with it. Then used the butyl tape.
__________________

__________________
Higginra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Thomas G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Posts: 5,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higginra
I just received the right one so I will be installing it also. I had it made to the slightly larger than the other side as I noted before. When it warms up I will take pictures. Also I think I may have forgot to note I removed the foam seam that the window comes with it. Then used the butyl tape.
Robert, thanks for the follow up. Is this window wider? Can you share costs?
__________________
UHaul and Burro owners, join the UHaul Campers on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/529276933859491/
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #32
Member
 
Higginra's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Trailer: CT13
Indiana
Posts: 78
Window Size 24 5/8 x 19 1/4

I have attached the reciept. I ordered it with a 1/4 Trim Ring.


Window $100
1/4 Trim Ring $11.50
Shipping. $24.71

Total. $136.21. Per window
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
__________________
Higginra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Thomas G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Posts: 5,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higginra View Post
I have attached the reciept. I ordered it with a 1/4 Trim Ring.


Window $100
1/4 Trim Ring $11.50
Shipping. $24.71

Total. $136.21. Per window

Wow. You did great.

Let's hope these windows continue to be available for future needs.
__________________
UHaul and Burro owners, join the UHaul Campers on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/529276933859491/
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Posts: 4,331
Maybe someone should order a bunch of these to resell, probably get a quantity discount. This is a good price for a window that will fit the opening correctly. I paid around $150 for a Scamp window and then had to buy a piece of aluminum to adapt it, so close to $200. However I did end up with a jalousie window. Robert, I don't recall if you posted this, but can you give the company name and contact info for where you got the windows. This will be valuable information for other Uhaul owners that need new windows. In my research for windows I couldn't find any custom made to fit for less than $300.
__________________
mary and bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Thomas G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Posts: 5,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
.......Robert, I don't recall if you posted this, but can you give the company name and contact info for where you got the windows. ............
Teardrop Trailer Parts
__________________
UHaul and Burro owners, join the UHaul Campers on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/529276933859491/
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Posts: 4,331
Should Mike put this in his Uhaul parts list for future reference? I sure spent a lot of time on a window search before those NOS windows became available, and before I bought a Scamp side window [which I wouldn't recommend as an option compared to what Robert got].
__________________
mary and bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Thomas G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Posts: 5,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Should Mike put this in his Uhaul parts list for future reference? I sure spent a lot of time on a window search before those NOS windows became available, and before I bought a Scamp side window [which I wouldn't recommend as an option compared to what Robert got].
I think that I gave the information to Mike. But, I agree, it is important information, as we get a new UHauler every few months looking for windows.
__________________
UHaul and Burro owners, join the UHaul Campers on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/529276933859491/
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
mmeyer's Avatar
 
Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Posts: 471
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post

I think that I gave the information to Mike. But, I agree, it is important information, as we get a new UHauler every few months looking for windows.
I plan to up date every 6 months. Will put it in my spreadsheet at home and post with any other up dates at that time.
__________________

__________________
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
u-haul, windows


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacement Windows for my Boler Johnathan Gallant Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 0 03-22-2012 07:02 PM
replacement windows lww Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 3 03-06-2011 01:22 PM
Burro Replacement Windows Scott B. Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 9 08-18-2010 05:36 PM
REPLACEMENT WINDOWS?? Sandra M Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 1 06-16-2008 06:19 AM
Replacement Windows Legacy Posts Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 5 11-20-2002 01:42 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.