Reversible Camping Mats - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #1

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
we have one of those reversible mats...got it at camping world about 2 years ago. it has weathered well, still looks great and we love it. folds up like a dream and stores easily. i think the best thing about it is that if it is wet, i can still fold it up, place it in the bag i made to hold it and when we go to use it again, i simply bang the bag on its end, you know, kind of thump it--and all the dried dirt just falls off---and voila! it is as good as new and ready to go again.
but here is my problem==our neighbours also have one, albeit theirs came from wally world. theirs seems to be disintegrating! where it folds, it is breaking down.
anyone have any similar problems? my guess, there's came from china and just isn't the same quality. however, they paid almost as much as we did.

i just checked online and found a company based in florida but who ships from kentucky, and their designs are nice, but of course, the ones i want are out of stock..

anyone else had problems with this disintegration?
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
anyone else had problems with this disintegration?

I'm on my 2nd 9' x 12' mat from Camping World. After about 2 years of use, the 1st one started coming apart at the long seams that fold it into thirds. I figured we were using it so much that we just wore it out.

We used to have some camping furniture with spindly legs that poked holes in it. Those pieces have been discarded.

We found that a lot of use on sand will abrade the fibers. I tend not to put it out when we camp in the desert anymore.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #3

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
that's good to know, frederick, as my neighbours mainly use theirs on a lawn-type setting. i felt badly when i noticed it breaking down, because i was the one who purchased theirs at wally world for them...but it is almost always unprotected from the sun in the position they have it, so i am assuming the UV light is speeding the breakdown along.

if anyone is looking for a mat, go to www.rvawningmats.com to check out some excellent sales..although some models, as i have previously said, are out of stock. for example, there are 9 x 12 mats on sale for 25.00 and some for 28.00 marked down from 89.99!!
...hey, christmas IS coming!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote