Rolling Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2016, 06:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Rolling Rally

I would be interested in joining a small caravan rally or help with setting one up . I would like to make the Southern Utah Tour it sounds great . let me here from you with ideas . privet message if you like .
Old 12-29-2016, 12:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Rolling rally

Sounds good to us. Any general areas in mind?
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:48 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al & Cindy K View Post
Sounds good to us. Any general areas in mind?
I was thinking ( o no ) Mississippi river road Memphis to Canada line , or Memphis to New Orleans and maybe on to grand Island La. , I also have 4 acres in south Alabama we could boon dock and leave or finish from there going somewhere or have a small rally there , there is water there and a way to charge batteries. or open for other ideas .
Old 12-29-2016, 10:02 PM   #4

Registry
A though I had was to do one state at a time like West Virginia -Pennsylvania .
Old 12-31-2016, 10:13 AM   #5

We're part of Don's Southern Utah tour next May so won't be taking any other extended trips until the Fall but wouldn't mind joining in on any of the outings you've proposed.

I like the idea of travelling with someone having a good bit of local knowledge in order to see/do things that might otherwise be missed. We also tend to enjoy historical and natural attractions (hiking, scenic drives, wildlife, etc.) more than formal organized campground centered activities. Although it is great to sit around a campfire in the evenings and make new friends.

Off topic - Good luck in the Bowl game today and I'll be pulling for you but I'm a NC State grad so will have to go with Clemson and the ACC should both teams advance.

True story - I have a customer in Alabama and am fairly good friends with their Office Manager. It didn't take long to figure out the two most important things to Connie were family and the Tide. I was therefore surprised when she recently said a son I'd never heard her mention before would be home for the holidays. This was really odd as I'd met what I assumed were her immediate family numerous times. When I asked one of her co-workers about it, the response was "Well, she doesn't talk about him much. He started college at 'Bama but then transferred to Auburn." You SEC people are crazy
Old 12-31-2016, 01:30 PM   #6

Registry
You SEC people are crazy YES WE R . Wife is a blasted auby . dont talk about her much LOL
Old 12-31-2016, 02:15 PM   #7

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Like Al and Cindy K, I'm going on the Utah rally too. It will be my third adventure in Utah since 2013. There are so many very interesting places to see in Utah that it would take years to see all of them. Every trip, I find some new things to do "next time". I know I won't live long enough to see everything in Utah, but I'll sure try to see as much as I can. Northern Arizona is very similar. So many places to see.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:50 PM   #8

Registry
any new thoughts on this
Old 03-23-2017, 04:34 AM   #9

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
i've never done a rolling rally and the idea is appealing. it's especially appealing that it would be in my region and i wouldn't have to drive half way across the country to begin a trip. i'd imagine the logistics could be a nightmare with booking campgrounds, etc... i have time to help with details, but...having no experience, i'd need guidance.

p@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:19 AM   #10

Would a trip across NC be of any interest? Maybe start in the mountains (Great Smoky Mountain NP, Blueridge Parkway, Biltmore House, NC Arboretum, Great Smoky Mountain Railway, waterfalls, rafting). Then to the middle of the state for a couple of nights (NC Zoo), and end up on the Outer Banks (Wright Brothers, Lost Colony Outdoor Drama, Lighthouses, beach, Ocracoke, ferries).

Just throwing this out to keep the process moving. We're NC natives and are most familiar with our home state but anywhere in the southeast would work for us.

Al

Tags
rally