Roof vents omitted? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-07-2016, 06:41 PM   #15
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
There is another roof vent or vents that are important. The small vents that are about 5" in diameter are for waste water tanks and allow for the black and grey water tanks to drain. I have one vent/skylight, 2 waste water vents and a refrigerator vent as well as the AC unit which all have to be monitored and maintained. Hard to avoid any of these.
On my trailer the graywater vents through the floor, the blackwater vents through the wall,as does the refrigerator, and the roof vent... as the name implies, was designed vent through the roof.

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:38 PM   #16
Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
My refrigerator is fairly large with a separate freezer so it is about 60 inches tall. A wall vent might be possible, but because the refrigerator is almost to the ceiling, leaving little room for anything else, a roof vent makes sense. Since hot air rises, the roof vent works very well. My refrigerator works awesome. A black tank vent as high on the trailer as possible and as far above nose level to avoid smell is my preference.

Jack L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:23 PM   #17
Name: Rob
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
I wish mine didn't have a roof vent. It was leaking for a while and they are such a pita to remove and reseal.

Bluetang99 is offline   Reply With Quote