Royal Wedding - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #15

Name: Bruce T
Trailer: Compact jr
Indiana
Registry
I think their royalty and the excitement it brings is cool... Something about them all that rings well to me...I like em and I miss our own sorta royalties...the Kennedy's. closest thing we had here

Old 04-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #16

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
No servants

They just might enjoy a weekend in a small camper. According to the media, Kate and her family love the outdoors. That was the reason for the trees in the cathedral.

They live in a small secluded village, in a small house by the sea, and do not have any servants. Kate is supposed to be quite the cook and William takes out the trash.

Now the difference is... they choose to do those things and can have servants and a castle in a heart beat.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #17

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Thomas View Post
I like em and I miss our own sorta royalties...the Kennedy's. closest thing we had here
Yes, the Kennedys. It depends upon your definition of royalty. If you are talking about Joseph Kennedy, a wife abusing adulterious rum-runner and his in-laws who owned the political machine in Massechusets, Then there is his son JFK, the emotionally abusive adulterer, involved in political behind-the-scenes criminal activity, Marilyn Monroe and other movie stars in the White House pool, whose daddy bought the presidency for him. Yes, that is America's royalty.

I'd say the Kennedys compare vary favoribly with the monarchy. We may be on to something here.

BTW, it costs $60,000,000 to $70,000,000 to afford the royalty in England. And out of five children the queen had, three have been divorced at least once. Then there is the queen's sister...and uncle who married a divorced woman and gave up his crown.

We are not amused!

D*

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #18

Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Registry
heck...i am just sad that i couldn't make it to the wedding...do you think that i was missed?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #19

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Gezzz "five children"??? did HRH have another child that we don't know about?

As far as costs to having the royals goes one needs to consider the tourist dollars they bring into Britian - that in a year is not a small number either.

The nice thing about Will's marriage is it is one of the few if any of those who will one day sit on the throne that was not arranged! Yup you can bet that Charles and Dianna's was arranged. The other cute thing about the marriage is the fact the Queen gave them the title of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. The last time that title was used was by Prince George who died in 1895 - he was known to have said "arranged marriages were doomed to failure." and choose to marry in contravention of the 1772 royal marriage act to the daughter of servant. I am amused

Will be happy to see Will become our King one day - sooner rather than later.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #20

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallDon View Post
Am I the ONLY person who did NOT watch a single second of the media coverage of Prince William's first wedding?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew GPSMapNut View Post
Well, looks like a possibility. OTOH. Most of the people who didn't watch any of it, wouldn't bother to open this thread either.
I'm the other one who didn't watch any of it.

And my curiosity got the better of me for why this thread was still active, so I couldn't stop myself from opening it.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:10 PM   #21

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
I didn't watch anymore of it than the local news shoved down my throat.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #22

Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
heck...i am just sad that i couldn't make it to the wedding...do you think that i was missed?
Theresa, I think my invitation got lost in the mail. I was busy this week anyway. They probably missed both of us. Perhaps I could drop a note for why I was unable to make it.

D*

The Don Pod
Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #23

Trailer: SCAMP
S. Florida
No tv

Quote:
Am I the ONLY person who did NOT watch a single second of the media coverage of Prince William's first wedding?
We didn't watch it either.... We were busy enjoying a 3 day campout in N. Florida, weather was GREAT. We boondocked. Didn't take the gennie, had no electronic gizmos to catch the royal wedding and very limited cell phone reception. It was a wonderful weekend and now we're back to reality.
Deb
Old 05-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #24

Trailer: 16 Scamp, 17 Casita, 21Bigfoot now
Registry
Alarm woke me at 6:15 a usual, I made the coffee and turned on the news (as usual). Surprise... nothing but a big wedding! Watched for awhile and was pleasantly surprised at all the glory given to God and the Holy Trinity during the service. Refreshing since we've just about taken all Godliness out of American TV.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #25

Trailer: 16 Scamp, 17 Casita, 21Bigfoot now
Registry
Andy!!!!!!!!!!!
Much better
Old 05-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #26

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Don't know if you've seen this, but if not, it's worth a look.

Andy

Old 05-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #27

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Z View Post
Watched for awhile and was pleasantly surprised at all the glory given to God and the Holy Trinity during the service. Refreshing since we've just about taken all Godliness out of American TV.
She wore white!! And how many years have they been living together, sleeping together "in fornication" as the holy book calls it? All of the "God-talk" seems to be nothing more than lip-service.

But that's for another thread.

D*

The Don Pod
Old 05-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #28

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
She wore white!! And how many years have they been living together, sleeping together "in fornication" as the holy book calls it? All of the "God-talk" seems to be nothing more than lip-service.

But that's for another thread.

D*
They were living in a student flat with other students. They MAY have been sleeping together ''in fornication'' but then again, they MAY NOT. I wasn't there, so I don't know for sure.

Andy