Rubber roof leak at seam - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #1

Name: Joe
Trailer: Surveyor
Virginia
Rubber roof leak at seam

I had a leak at the seam where my rubber roof ends and the back of my camper fiberglass begins. Inside it is over my shower. There is a piece of trim on the ceiling that piped loose because of this leak. It covers the thin ceiling panel seam. Before gluing this strip back up I am looking for suggestions on how to best dry the ceiling panel at that point and what glue to use. It appears originally to have been held up by small nail pins of some type. Concerned that nails will damage rubber roof above. Anyone have experience with this type of repair?
Cngdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
If you have pictures that would help explain what is happening to your roof.

I have to ask, is your trailer a molded fiberglass (I am not familiar with the Brand). Most of us are more familiar with how to repair a fiberglass roof, though many of us have owned other brands throughout the years. But I think pic's would help us to help you. I would also suggest if it's not a Fiberglass molded travel trailer you check out rv.net forums they have similar sub-forums where rv'ers with knowledge of rubber roofs might be able to help you as well....... Good Luck!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Post It is panel-on-frame; not molded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
I have to ask, is your trailer a molded fiberglass (I am not familiar with the Brand).
Cngdad lists his trailer as a "Surveyor" which I googled to find:
Surveyor Ultralight Travel Trailers by Forest River

Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers do not have rubber roofs. They do not have frames in their walls or roofs either so I cannot help here.

Cngdad:
May I suggest going to iRV2 - RV Forum Community for answers...
Old 02-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I had also googled the Surveyor, and though that isn't the type of trailer we are all use to, hopefully we can direct the question to someone who can help. Though having a Class A I am aware roof leaks can happen, they just never happened on any of our stickies......
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Hi, Joe! I wonder if you meant to ask your question on our sister-site, the Forest River Forums.

It's true there may be a few people here with some knowledge of rubber roofing material, but as Frederick explained, we're all about fiberglass trailers that are constructed using molds (usually 2 pieces, sometimes 3 or 4).

For those who don't know, the family of websites that FiberglassRV.com joined a couple of years ago includes one dedicated to the Forest River RV brand!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote