Rules? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Rules?

Where are the rules posted that we can not BUMP a thread to keep it open or make fun. I for one really enjoy reading all the comments, case in point, the Geezer Pass thread.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #2

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
You might try the New Posts link located in the top navigation bar, slightly to the right of center.

This brings up threads that you specifically have not seen or that have posts you have not viewed.

There is also a check box when you post to follow the thread which means you will get emails with new posts.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...ork&page=rules 5th bullet point down.

Posting just to "bump" the thread to the top essentially degrades the function of the built in tools members use for following threads or finding actual new posts in a thread.

Some forums I know depend on being on the first page to keep a thread active, done with "bump" posts. This site provides different (and I would say better) tools for members to find and participate in threads that interest them.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
The Community Rules are on the bar at the bottom of the page. I would suggest everyone read them. In there the rules regarding bumping are clearly laid out.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...ork&page=rules

I don't disagree at all that things being light and fun at times is a good thing, as it adds to the Community Spirit. In my point of view, even moderate sidetracking of topics is not real bad either, so long as it does not totally cloud the original reason for the thread.

There are certain topics that we just cannot allow, like political or religious discussion, or talking about firearms, for just a few examples. Tempers get way too heated, and it just causes dispute amongst members, and we end up with combative type posts we need to deal with. It is these situations that cause the site team the most problems, and accounts for most of the time we have to put in.

The Geezer Pass thread was getting to many references to political issues, especially towards welfare recipients. Whether or not these opinions are valid, this forum is not the place to discuss. Plus, the reason behind the thread being started was met.

We invite the membership to report posts that they feel are inappropriate, and we will deal with them as a team.

We, the site team edit or delete posts, close threads, and perform other tasks, with our full intention being maintaining a friendly site, that all members feel comfortable in participating in.

BTW, this topic regarding how things are handled by the site team, WILL NOT be open for discussion. Please respect this.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote