Rules for participation on FiberglassRV.com - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Rules for participation on FiberglassRV.com

Hi, everybody!

If you haven't read them recently, please take a few moments and do so again:

Community Rules

Remember:

We are glad you're here!

We take being nice very seriously!

If you come across any violations of these guidelines, or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know through the Forum's Contact Form. (Emphasis added)
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 08-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
My personal favorite:

Quote:
Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed.
But then I guess I just broke the rule.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 08-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #4

Name: Miranda
Trailer: None
South Dakota
Concerns

Hey Mary,

Recent events on this forum have definitely been a little disturbing. I just recently posted a lengthy, tactful and what I thought was a helpful reply to Linda K.'s thread only to see it deleted and was about to edit to add to Cathy's thread asking to have her account be deleted from the forums offering a little more support. Again that was deleted.

The last thing I'm looking for is a forum that is basically for brand or fgrv cheerleading but I'm also not looking for a forum filled with brand bashing either. I believe honest information that is shared is vital and really should be looked upon as an opportunity. Again as I mentioned in my reply that is now deleted I stress an opportunity. Opportunity to the manufacturer to improve in various ways and an opportunity for prospective buyers whether the issues or concerns voiced will help them to decide if they should look at other brands or just be informed to continue ahead and deal with it, correct or modify it. Whatever! Every brand and even model of rv's fiberglass egg or not have their strengths and weaknesses.

What I'm observing is that if anyone remotely posts anything negative about a particular brand there is a good chance they will get a sarcastic or subtle response that diminishes the validity or concern of the person originally posting their experiences. That just discourages others from sharing.

Just reading Linda's thread is a classic example yet it is deleted and nothing happens. It irks me that my reply was deleted which I felt could of helped.

It's important to remind ourselves that everyone has different skills and gifts. What maybe an issue for one person is not even on the radar as being an issue for another fgrv owner. The internet and online forums can be obviously more challenging to communicate than face to face or in person. Many things could be misinterpreted with online communication and one is left with not knowing all the information behind it. One poster could be feeling overwhelmed emotionally trying to deal with an issue at the moment.

The last thing I like to see is an attitude of basically telling someone not to let the door hit you in the arse on your way out.

If this is just the accepted way of conduct on this forum you might as well delete my account also. I'll just move on and use other resources rather than watch a certain group treat others with such disrespect.

I value what everyone has to offer here and am grateful but this is just unacceptable.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
Thanks for your thoughtful comments. Occasionally but not often posts are removed and typically when that happens the poster is notified.

Usually when a post is removed it's for one of several reasons.

1. The post was religious or political content that isn't on topic for this board. We have some rules about this sort of content to prevent flame fests and to keep the board focused on fiberglass eggs.

2. The post discusses or makes some conjecture about moderation. The reason we remove these is that moderator/member actions are private between the individual and the site team. We work hard to maintain member privacy and this includes "moderator interactions" and personal account issues.

3. Personal attacks. It's possible to post in opposition to another opinion with out being rude, sarky, mean or cruel but sometimes folks step over the line.

4. Posts designed to trash someone or some company. It's ok to post your personal experience with a product or service, even if it's negative but sometimes we have folks on a vendetta and that's not productive. Often the other other party will register to post their 'side of the story" and we aren;t really in a position to be the Jury. we ask members to take business disputes to more appropriate venues - like small claims court.

It's important to note that when a post has been removed that sometimes posts that were put up in response are also victims... without the original content, they lose their meaning and become orphaned and this is what happened to your post. You posted in response to a member account issue that should have remained private.

We work hard to keep the forums open and free flowing but mods are volunteers and have to make judgement calls. If you have a concern please send a PM, someone will respond
Closed Thread