Running on empty - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-26-2007, 02:38 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 1984
A fire at the Nantikoke oil refinery in Southern ontario a couple of weeks ago is crippling our supply. As a result some service stations are running out of fuel. The price here is over a $1.00 a litre now or about $3.80 a gal, american, if you can get it. You really start to realize just how touchy this resource is when one refinery can cripple a whole area as big as Ontario. It's got to make a big impact on business. Thank goodness it's wintertime and I don't travell much this time of year.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
A fire at the Nantikoke oil refinery in Southern ontario a couple of weeks ago is crippling our supply. As a result some service stations are running out of fuel. The price here is over a $1.00 a litre now or about $3.80 a gal, american, if you can get it. You really start to realize just how touchy this resource is when one refinery can cripple a whole area as big as Ontario. It's got to make a big impact on business. Thank goodness it's wintertime and I don't travell much this time of year.
How much of this refinery is affecting heating oil.
dsheets70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #3

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
their heating oil production was done for the season, there were switching over to Gas.
Our prices topped out at 1.0t/litre, but are dropping a bit now.
Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
The CTV and articles suggest to me that this is a significant supply issue (for only the Nanticoke Refinery, and thus only one oil company and their gas stations), but not critical and not really affecting much of the Ontario market. The fire has apparently made an already difficult situation worse.

But, boy, you sure notice something you depend on when there's a glitch in the supply!

According to the Esso website, Nanticoke produces "heavy fuel oil", and I don't think home heating oil fits in that category. Anyone heating their egg with oil? Hey, it can work.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:59 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
We've been going through that since the hurricane's hit the gulf coast and took out refineries and wells. The area is back in production, but the prices sure haven't gone down to pre-hurricane levels it's always one thing or another.

Kinda reminds me of the gas shortage here in the USA back in the 1970s. Buy gas on even or odd days, etc. Sure made it tough for those of us that needed our rigs to commute or run deliveries on behalf of our employer... I was one of those...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote