RV Caravans/Tours - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #15

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Back to the fully equipped house

Being able to make different choices is great. I have nothing against motorhomes (had one) and caravans. The motorhome was fun and we made 3 loops of the USA, trip to Alaska and a coulpe trips to Newfoundland, all were fun. Personally a Caravan doesn't fit my lifestyle.

Ginny and I often talk about what we no longer need to live. Probably the most important is that we don't need a large space. Though we like having a night time bathroom I'm sure we could manage in a 13. Living small has been great and we have never felt the need for more.

Additionally we no longer need a microwave, permanent bed, oven, tea pot, freezer, so many dishes, pots and utensils. No mixer, blender required. No ice cubes and no TV for the last 7 weeks. We each read 6 books, 5 the same books and a book of Newfoundland poetry. Five the books were the same books and made for good discussion. I'm sure there's more we live without, actually much more, but I'm not thinking about it because we don't miss whatever....

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:06 PM   #16

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
No Kettle??? Sorry, that's just a little to primitive for me....lol

At home and on the road; wake up - put on the kettle - visit the loo - start the day.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #17

Florida
Bob.

We actually like tea, became drinkers in Ireland. However in the states coffee dominates our mornings. When we make tea in the trailer we simply boil water in a pot, a small simplification. At home we have a kettle, teapots and special cups, mostly gifts from a big Irish family over 5 decades.

It's fun to muse over what can go.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 06-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #18

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
I actually cruise Thrift shops for really small kettles (to save space of course) and pay them forward as I collect them. There's nothing better on a cold morning than to hear the whistle of the kettle telling you that the water is ready and that the FGRV is warmed up a bit..... BTW: We prefer Café D' Vita Mocha Cappuccino, it's from Chino (CA) not China...... But we also have a 16oz French press for coffee.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #19

Florida
Bob,

There's no doubt making a cup of tea can quickly warm up our small trailers.

In some ways we've changed so much since we began our travels, one is the accumulation of things, not just in the trailer but also in our home. While in Newfoundland we saw some beautiful artwork we would have bought in the past, our home is loaded with painting to attest to our past, however we bought nothing.

We just, late in life for sure, recognize that we really don't need most of these things. Now as we seriously think about selling our NH home, we wonder where the things will go.

Still changing at 71....

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16