RV for a Nissan 4 Liter V6, 6500 lb tow cap - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
Name: george
Trailer: FunFinder
I'll throw my two cent in here, since I am towing with a Frontier with a 4.0 and a six speed manual. I am towing a 19 foot "white box" ( not a fiberglass trailer ). It weighs 3780 pounds on the scale. You will be hard pressed indeed to find a 23 (or thereabouts) feet hard side trailer that weighs under around 5K pounds. Remember that the tow weight rating of 6300 pounds is really stated for the weight of a boat. Boats pull easier than big square boxes....so long story short is that pulling a 5K pound travel trailer with a Frontier is probably approaching or exceeding practical limits.

MC1 mentioned an Airstream. For sure, you should include those when doing your homework. The key there from a weight standpoint is that you'll need to get one ( as MC did ) that's a bit older. Airstreams got heavier in more recent years.

It's really a good idea to go and spend some time sitting in different floorplans to get a feel for whether a trailer feels "open" or "tight" to you. Personally I love my slide out room, and I would have a very hard time buying a trailer without a slide. To each his own on that issue.

gmw photos is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off