RV in Rose Parade - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-01-2016, 09:52 AM   #1

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
RV in Rose Parade

There is a floral Teardrop Trailer on the Burbank (?) float in this mornings Rose Parade. Watch for the Bear Surfing on top of it......

And a Class "C"" motorhome pulling a generic trailer on the Farmers Ins float

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:31 AM   #2

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Bob,

Just saw the Class C float pulling the travel trailer pulling a boat. Very cool. Laura and I were like a couple of kids watching a parade, but from our family room with a cup of coffee!

Happy New Year,

Dean
Old 01-01-2016, 10:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCHS1980 View Post
Hi Bob,

Just saw the Class C float pulling the travel trailer pulling a boat. Very cool. Laura and I were like a couple of kids watching a parade, but from our family room with a cup of coffee!

Happy New Year,

Dean
The crew we usually work with (aka: Misty's Crew) decorated that float, but we are 1200 miles away from Pasadena this year,

Attached Thumbnails
farmers RV float.jpg   burbank 1.jpg  

IMG_0987.jpg  
Old 01-01-2016, 07:04 PM   #4

Above is the original concept dwg and the as-Built screen shot of the tear drop in the parage

Old 01-01-2016, 11:58 PM   #5

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Thanks so much for posting the photos of the Rose Bowl Parade floats with trailer themes. I had to leave the room when one appeared and missed the other altogether.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:36 PM   #6

Name: Bill
Trailer: Burro 1983 13'
Wisconsin
I was watching to see the Donate Life float and the camper float was right behind it. These floats are pretty amazing.
Burro Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:55 PM   #7

Yep and they are a lot of fun to decorate as well. If anyone wants to come out to Pasadena next year and decorate floats (between Dec 20-30) let me know and I can hook you up with one of the float captains at Phoenix Decorating. Parking RV's at curbside and living in them is allowed during decorating days.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:32 PM   #8

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Yep and they are a lot of fun to decorate as well. If anyone wants to come out to Pasadena next year and decorate floats (between Dec 20-30) let me know and I can hook you up with one of the float captains at Phoenix Decorating. Parking RV's at curbside and living in them is allowed during decorating days.
Bob, that sounds like an idea. For us won't be next year but we have friends who have been "Petal Pushers" who decorated the Lutheran Hour Ministries float many years ago and some others and had a great time. Yesterday during the commentary heard the "Petal Pushers" did seven other floats as well as their own.

Nearly every year we watch the parade and can't believe it always seems to be sunny skies!

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #9

The Petal Pushers have an arrangement with Phoenix Decorating (who does about 15 of the floats each year) to provide and supervise a number of crews and also run the general supply tables. In exchange Phoenix builds their float, which they then decorate.

We only work on non-petal-pusher crew floats, it's easier to pick the float you want to work on, and there are fewer levels of control.