RV Parks and bombs. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-05-2016, 11:42 PM   #15

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Cool Statistics

Nothing is impossible.
Some things are just less probable than others.
You aren't even safe in your own home:

Meteorite strikes Alabama woman - Nov 30, 1954 - HISTORY.com

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:58 AM   #16

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
The year is 1967, Buffalo Springfield records the rock anthem "For
What it's Worth. Nearly 50 years later it's all still true. I cannot live my life in fear. Paranoia strikes deep, into you life it will creep.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... I hoid that!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Old 08-06-2016, 06:17 AM   #17

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
My solution is to just not worry about stuff like this. I feel the remoteness of something like this ecer affecting me is so extremely slim, plus there is little I could do about it anyway, that I prefer having an non-stressed disposition.

Besides, I have a wife who does enough worrying for the both of us.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #18

Name: Morgan
Trailer: Scamp 16
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Besides, I have a wife who does enough worrying for the both of us.
I found the article to be very interesting. I'm glad I read all the comments, ending up with this one. I kept going back and reading it again, laughing every time. Reminds me of someone I know!
Old 08-06-2016, 11:23 AM   #19

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Kevin I get the feeling that everyone in the USa packs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
I guess I'm more likely to be worried about the firearms in the vehicles next to me than any bomb materials. I work hard not to antagonize my neighbors! Just my two cents...
: just about everything
I read or see on line in the USA is guns and more guns. You drive through any town or City and in the middle of it all every 2nd store is a gun store.
Now if you lived where i live the only time u see a gun is hunting season or possibly the week before and the week after first to get your equipment ready for the hunt at end clean it all up before storing and making sure no bullets left in Rifles or Pistols that they are absolutely empty, Pistol goes into one lock box, bullets in another and locked away so if the find one then don't have the other. Same goes for Rifles all is locked up and one needs special tools to get at the.
We can carry but a permit is needed and u have to pretty special to be able to carry. My cousin 2 gun Jim can carry but if he is caught removing his gun from it's holster he can be heavily fined but he is allowed to do so a Gun shows where he is in competition.
Stude
Stude
Old 08-06-2016, 11:55 AM   #20

Name: Steven
Trailer: Casita SD 2013
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
I guess I'm more likely to be worried about the firearms in the vehicles next to me than any bomb materials. I work hard not to antagonize my neighbors! Just my two cents...
Twice in my life I've had individuals point loaded handguns at me in a threatening manner and I do not relish the memory. If a fire destroys my trailer , I have insurance . If someone has a bomb , I probably will have no knowledge of the bomb and have no control over the situation
I have no intentions of staying home as Byron suggested but I will avoid places where there is a known danger.. Certain area / states in the US are statistically more dangerous than others , mostly large cities . On several occasions , I have seen individuals carrying firearms and consuming alcohol at the same time. That is a far scarier situation than the chance someone will come into a campgrounds with a trailer full of explosives.
I play the odds and avoid areas / states where the odds are not in my favor .
Heading to Canada in August and I am not concerned about our safety while visiting our neighbor to the North .I cannot say the same thing about many of the US states.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:06 PM   #21

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Let's not turn this into yet another firearm debate, please. This has been discussed ad nauseum, and is a subject that there will never be resolution to.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:32 PM   #22

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Dangers to people can abound anywhere people can be found.

Stay vigilant, be ready to protect oneself, but live life without fear and worry.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #23

British Columbia
I like u have had guns put to the back of my head and the guy said

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Twice in my life I've had individuals point loaded handguns at me in a threatening manner and I do not relish the memory. If a fire destroys my trailer , I have insurance . If someone has a bomb , I probably will have no knowledge of the bomb and have no control over the situation
I have no intentions of staying home as Byron suggested but I will avoid places where there is a known danger.. Certain area / states in the US are statistically more dangerous than others , mostly large cities . On several occasions , I have seen individuals carrying firearms and consuming alcohol at the same time. That is a far scarier situation than the chance someone will come into a campgrounds with a trailer full of explosives.
I play the odds and avoid areas / states where the odds are not in my favor .
Heading to Canada in August and I am not concerned about our safety while visiting our neighbor to the North .I cannot say the same thing about many of the US states.
: get out of the car safely or your a dead man, different person each time but much the same quote, I thought not more babies being born in the back seat with this guy back there. This was back in the day when guns were readily available in Canada. No More.
This happened while I drove a Taxi for my Pop, I ran his business when he was sick, dispatched was much safer but people still came in and demanded something or other and scared the hell out of all of us in there.
Once they put a knife to my throat and said hand over the Money I obliged quickly and got of the taxi they took the Taxi and I had many long walks in the dark until I was able to get help.
So life is not hell no matter where u live.
Stude
Old 08-06-2016, 01:12 PM   #24

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I worry more about being on the highway sharing the road with distracted drivers. Hang up the dang phone, quit texting and just drive!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #25

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
As far as being in a campground with gunpowder and or guns around, the main place Frog's Egg goes is Fort Shenandoah where we shoot live ammo in original and reproduction Civil War firearms ranging from revolvers to cannon. Lots of black powder and guns around all the time. In the nearly 10 years I've been participating, a couple of campers have burned when the wiring got screwed up or something, but never an explosion. Our biggest hazard seems to be flooding in the lower campsites (like mine) and getting stuck in the mud.

Yes there are crazy people out there, and it only takes one to ruin your day, but if you look at the odds I think you will find our pastime is about as safe as any. If the situation in the newlink that started this thread were very common, it wouldn't have been newsworthy, would it?

Froggie
Old 08-06-2016, 02:06 PM   #26

Name: David
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
California
Dangers ?

I agree that texting, cell phone and drunk driving are big dangers on the road anywhere, anytime. Road rage and guns not so much , but you have to be vigilant, just like with possible drunk drivers.
But I will make a comment about the bomb and the trailer parks. We had something the same near Sonora : a guy with explosive materials in a trailer park. But a " Trailer Park" is usually quite different from a campground or RV Park. I managed a 'trailer park ' for years , and found that often trailer parks attract the mobile but dissatisfied people who don't keep a job long, or don't fit well into society. ( Though many are just poor or older and need cheap accomodations).
But most campgrounds are filled with active people and families and travelers who are looking for adventure , good times and nice people. Occasionally the two types of sites overlap, but I seldom see problems in real campgrounds. People are happy and outgoing; if you see a sullen or hostile individual, be careful. If a park looks less than safe, move on. David in Sonora and Fresno
Old 08-06-2016, 05:11 PM   #27

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
You can't get away from crazy people no matter where you go in an RV or in most neighorhoods.

You will come across a fair number of convicted felons who are unable to pass background checks for renting apartments or get loans to buy a house. But they can manage to scratch up an RV and live that way.

Don't be an overly trusting innocent, you never know who is around no matter where you are even if it is an upper class neighborhood.

I bought a house in an upscale island community just across from downtown Seattle in the 1990s. Soon after I moved in I found out the neighbor on one side only came home once a month for a visit because he was in white collar prison convicted in the Savings and Loan scandals. The man on the other side knocked on my door, introduced himself and stated he was required by law to let me know he was on parole from prison for murder. The guy two properties up the road told me he was on methadone. Of course there were also an estimated 300 lawyers living on the island as well
Old 08-06-2016, 05:48 PM   #28

British Columbia
Donna D your a sweetheart compared to the rest of the stories on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I worry more about being on the highway sharing the road with distracted drivers. Hang up the dang phone, quit texting and just drive!
: I have to agree with u that the texting just never ends adn the worst of the lot are Profesionals like truck drivers, bus drivers, taxi drivers, Women on the way to work, And Kids who think they can get away with it all by saying they did not know it was against the law.
They need to lose their licenses for say first offence 1 year no more car and no more License.
Learn to pull over to do your texting or talking and if you don't make it to work on time then tell them why and see if you still have a job!!!!
Stude