RV Show trends - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-22-2016, 07:46 PM   #15
Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
If you can buy a boat at a show, it's a dealer gathering "show". Same with RV shows. If they're selling and you can buy? It's not manufacturers, but a collection of dealers selling. They put on the show in hopes of generating foot traffic and most of all, sales.

Since neither Casita or Scamp have dealers, these shows are not going to display them. It's not like either are hurting for sales anyhow.

bpfick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:57 PM   #16
Name: Dex
Trailer: Casita 17' 2000 Dodge Dakota 3.9L
From what I'm seeing on Youtube videos for RV shows -
- slides are being added to smaller RVs
- gelcoat at lower end units
- larger selection of models by a mfg
- better construction
- valances on windows
- Florida windows? correct term?
- Larger refrigerators in all size units

From when I purchased my Casita in 2006 there are a whole lot more of better constructed small RVs.

It really is amazing the number of mfgs and product lines.

Dextersp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:04 PM   #17
Name: Shirley
Trailer: '82 13' Burro
My only reason to go to a RV show is to look at the little Airstreams. I enjoy checking out their newest decorating schematics and floorplans.
Shirley LaMoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:55 PM   #18
Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
RV Show trends

I just attended the Austin RV Expo In the coliseum at Austin Texas. It was amazing! There were some really beautiful RVs. They had a fully loaded Bigfoot 17ft trailer. It had LED lighting and even had a generator built in! In a 17ft! 4,400 pound axel. You don't have to worry about over loading with that axel. Retail was $54,000 but show price was $44,000. It was really hard to walk away from such a beauty! They also had their Camper.
They had the 20ft trailers for $12,000 and the 21ft for $15,000. These trailers had a lifetime warranty on the whole trailer if you bought it from Princess Craft RV!!!! I liked the Mini Winnie by Winnebago with gel coat fiberglass sides. The layout was really nice and so was the material.
Some RVs had huge kitchens with full sized stainless appliances, stainless refrigerators with double doors and a drawer for the freezer on the bottom, washer dryer, kitchen with an island, dual recliners, ceiling fans, fireplaces, dual TVs and chandeliers. Two huge bathrooms with tub and two sinks. The cabinets had great construction with dovetail drawers and solid wood. TT with 12 to 15 years of warranty on the roofs against leaking.
The Airstreams were on display too.
To bad Casita wasn't there. It's only 150 miles away from the show.
My wife and I had a great time at the show.

Happy Camping!
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:12 PM   #19
Name: Kathleen (Kai in Seattle)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973
Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
Just a thought. Has anyone ever taken their Egg to one of these RV Shows? Get there bright and early and park it right out front in the lot?

That would be fun, and probably informative for the show-goers. :-)

Am I evil?
Was thinking exactly the same thing! Evil? Evil like a fox!

Though...hard enough to find these little units, hard enough to wait to order one, so maybe a little evil, at that.
Semper ubi sub ubi.
Kai in Seattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:57 AM   #20
Name: Mike
Trailer: Uhaul
Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
Am I evil?

The big 3 Egg manufacturer's are already sold out for 6-9 months or more. The new egg offerings from new upstart manufacturer's are unproven with long-term product quality being an unknown. The history & legacy of egg trailer manufacturer's is littered with failures, poor quality products and poor customer service. The egg manufacturer's are all Mom/Pop business's with no dealer network to support. You want it you order direct from Mom & Pop. The big RV manufacturer's sell almost exclusively through local RV dealers. At most all of these "Public" (Not closed RV industry shows) RV shows the RV's trailers and coaches are shown by local dealers in your local market who have the trailers & coaches they show in inventory available for immediate sale. Bigger is better and that means "Mo Profit" for that dealer so that means you show bigger and better to make "Mo Money". The exact opposite was the theme at the recent RVIA none public RV Industry show last December in Louisville where the manufactures were showing/selling the product to the dealers. Smaller and better design was the theme at RVIA. It is VERY EXPENSIVE to display at any of these "Public" or "Closed Industry Only" shows anywhere in the country. If there is no ROI (Return On Investment) it's an easy decision for egg trailer manufacturer to not display at any of these shows public or industry closed.

I could go on and on about the differences between the business models of the egg manufacturers and other RV manufacturers so the question still stands:

Why would any fiberglass egg trailer manufacturer choose show their product at your local RV show?
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:55 AM   #21
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... We attended the 2016 Tampa RV Show while in the area. Didn't expect to see any fiberglass trailers... and wasn't disappointed. I researched Thor Motorcoach and found they build some 13 brands and over 70 models of coaches...even Airstream!!!
I would like to have parked our rig near the door but it would have been lost in the biggies there.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #22
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
The egg manufacturer's are all Mom/Pop business's with no dealer network to support. You want it you order direct from Mom & Pop.
With the exception of Bigfoot's which are sold through dealers across North America and thus the reasons you may see one or two at an RV show.

It is also normally dealers who are renting the space at RV shows not the manufactures. I.E. its not Airstream for example that has the space rented at the show, its normally the local dealer.
Carol H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #23
Name: Patrick
Trailer: R-Vision Trail Lite
New York
To my knowledge and experience all RV shows that do not charge for admission are sponsored by huge dealerships. They determine what you see and that trend seems to feature HUGE RVs !!! I can only guess that is where they make the most profit. These shows offer limited product lines. Most dealers carry two or three manufacturer's lines. That explains what you see.

Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote