RV Shows - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #21

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Hughes RV usually has a big display of accessories at the Toronto show. Sometimes with great deals. We missed out on a great deal on a SS BBQ with the new fangled burner because we were not familiar with it.
Tom from TrilliumRV will be at one of the Toronto shows.
I find that I get most of the ideas from a show by looking at the small trailers especially the tent trailers.
Aside from the trailers, there is usually a variety of camping resorts and clubs that you can learn about. I agree with the boat show comments.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #22

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Arizona
We have a RV show at the local Costco, here in Prescott, AZ. about twice a year. I always walk throught the RV's on display to see what is new. My wife always asks me after my walk through, if I want to sell and buy something different. I haven't seen a rig I would want to replace what we already have. One thing I notice is the lack of counter space in the kitchens, even in the biggest rigs. Our Scamp 5'er has more counter space than most of the rigs twice our size. As far as seeing new things that might interest us, I also go to a show put on by one of the larger dealers in town. I runs 4 days, offers free lunch, and has many new items that are just coming on the market. I enjoy the dealer/distributor talks that are given and have learned a lot.

We love the Scamp and expect to put a lot of miles on it in the next couple of years. I also enjoy sharing mileage data that I get, with friends that have motor homes and larger trailers. We get about 15.5 mpg or better and most of them are getting 7-8 mpg.
captsteve2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #23

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
I have always enjoyed the RV/Boat shows, lots of interesting products and ideas that you can think about making your own. Just checked to see if I could catch the one in PHX while i'm there but will miss it. darn.
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:54 AM   #24

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
We went to an RV show, saw nothing of real interest, and on the way back to the car were intrigued by a Casita sitting in the service lot with the door open. Had never heard of the brand. We were checking it out when a guy popped in and informed us he was the sales rep for a huge RV line, and the Casita we were standing in was his personal rig in which he traveled to shows and not for sale! A year later we owned a Casita.

Charlie Y

The wife and I attended several RV shows across Texas looking for a small and light TT. We attended the shows in San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas. I never saw an FGRV. We also love camping but never saw one. We ended buying a 2013 KZ 190 Sportsmen Classic. I found out about FGRVs while reading on boondocking. I live in Casita country but never knew about them. I wish Casita would have had their TT at one of the shows. You can have the worlds greatest product but if no one knows about them!
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #25

Trailer: 2002 13 ft Scamp
The Minneapolis RV Show is coming up in February and it's become something of a family tradition, not because we're actually in the market. I've got my Scamp, Dad's got his 33-ft 5th wheel. I like to see what kinds of space-saving ideas some of these campers have, we like to find the most expensive Class A they've got (and then mock it, because that's the kind of people we are), and then when we leave, my dad will always say something along the lines of "Some nice trailers here, but I don't see anything I like better than what I've got."

Favorite one was two years ago, just after my niece started to walk and she wasn't quite steady on her feet yet. And every single Grandpa-type saw her coming and automatically moved between her and the trailer hitches, in case she fell. It was just automatic for them and I don't know that they realized they had done it.
Karen B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #26

Name: richie
Trailer: Casita patriot deluxe (sold)
Virginia
I love going to the Rv shows---I always see someone there I know---makes a great Day, some dealers have free pens, other trinkets even a accessories catalog. I have a 13 ft Casita & a 35 ft Motorhome & Camper van as well. I make the most of it, seeing the new stuff. what I have is Much Nicer than a payment Book.
sparky1.
sparky1 is offline   Reply With Quote