RV time shares - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #1

Name: Herschel
Trailer: Casita
Arkansas
Registry
RV time shares

RV time shares are they worth it ? is one a lot better than the other (coast to coast ,Thousand Trails, Colorado River Adventure Deluxe RV Campgrounds Timeshares, ) or any of the others out there ? I need input your thoughts and experiences . thanks.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #2

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Herschel, I'm a member of Escapees and have been for about five years. They offer a huge book of parks, etc. with discounts. Worth the money to me. I MAY buy into one of the permanent parks someday. Escapees isn't exactly the same as the RV clubs you mentioned, but you may want to look into it.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #3

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
(coast to coast ,Thousand Trails, Colorado River Adventure Deluxe RV Campgrounds Timeshares, )
A lot depends on your style of traveling.

I would look at it deep and hard before I committed to one. It would have to deliver a LOT of value for the investment they require. Also, you should look into if/how your community of domicile would treat it for property tax purposes, which is usually a hidden expense. I had close friends who bought into Thousand Trails and decided it was not for them. They could not sell it (There was no demand) and they wound up walking away from the $5K they had invested.

I also have friends who love their membership! They have a 42 ft Pierre Cardin designed $Motorhome$.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Escapees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Herschel, I'm a member of Escapees and have been for about five years. They offer a huge book of parks, etc. with discounts. Worth the money to me. I MAY buy into one of the permanent parks someday. Escapees isn't exactly the same as the RV clubs you mentioned, but you may want to look into it.
I don't know your age but we're Escapees and bought in after visiting one of their parks. Our park at the time had 370 people ahead of us on the list and we're entering year 6 expecting to reach the top in another 3 years. Both of our children are Escapees and one of them is on two lists.

Norm
Old 07-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #5

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
RV time shares are they worth it ? is one a lot better than the other (coast to coast ,Thousand Trails, Colorado River Adventure Deluxe RV Campgrounds Timeshares, ) or any of the others out there ? I need input your thoughts and experiences . thanks.
All of these groups have pit falls as I see it. If you belong one you'll automatically always look for one of their places. We travel a lot in the winter, head south. I feel that we would miss a lot of neat places my wanting to stay in one of parks associated with one those groups.
Further more our nightly cost would up. This last winter we averaged $7.50 per night over almost a 100 days.
Think about it closely or better yet hold off until you've used your trailer enough to know what kind places you want to stay. Some of us prefer National Parks, county parks, and National Forest campgrounds to RV Parks. Others want the swimming pool and club house of RV parks (resorts).