RV traveling with laptops - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #29
Trailer: 98 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Every time I get on here to reply a truck pulls in the drive. I don't get to town to often but one trip I stopped at the Chammer of Commerce and asked about wifi spots in town. They gave me three or four. One was the Library. I visited the Library and made sure may card was up to date. Next week I will go in with the laptop. Last week I was sitting in a trailer with my two 18 yr old grandchildren. One has had a laptop for over a year and the other just got one. She was asking her cousin how to get on line. He said he had a switch on the side of his. She didn't have a switch, :-) But this old gramma new how and she was off and surfing. The three of us live on dial-up, so when she got on line at a high speed her smile couldn't be bigger or dimple deeper.

Pat G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #30
Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 Series (25C9.6E 'Yeti')
Send a message via Yahoo to Pat And Arleen
They let you go into "Vacation Mode". You can suspend (Not dicountinue) your service for 2 3 month periods every two years.

I have been with Verizon for SO long (Decades) that I am no longer on a contract and they actually treat me very well.

The only time I get a new contract is if I upgrade equipment. So far, since 1997, I have only bought two phones and an aircard. I run em into the ground.
Our phones are from the days before camera phones. And work much better then the newer phone people use today (newer is not always better) we get much better range than most phones today. We are going to keep them as long as we can.

Pat And Arleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #31
Trailer: 98 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
It was good to here what others do. Thank you for sharing. I just returned from a country music festival where cell phone were iffy, but they had wifi via satellite. I don't know what it cost to use. I did see laptop go by with people attached. I didn't take mine because we were dry camping. Thank you all again.

Pat G is offline   Reply With Quote