RVupgrade store - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft 2001
I' m a Canadian resident and ordered from american RV stores is normal business for me, I normaly managed to pickup the paper at the UPS wharehouse, get to the Canadian custom office, paid my duty fees and get back to the UPS wharehouse to pickup my package. A lot of work but UPS charge my $23 for a $25 item to do this job and the custom office is just 1 miles from there wharehouse so go figure.. I ask my shipper to use USPS because I get the same package to my my door for $5! But mistake happen and you can get scam..Here the story..

I order from www.rvupgradestore.com store a HepvO valve, I specify in a E-Mail to tell UPS I will take care of the paperwork, They didn't notice my demand and repply by E-mail with a tracking number. I'm convice everything is find so I wait and track my package on the UPS internet site. The day before the delivery I check before calling them and find out they have done the paperwork! I call and tell them my intention and they refuse to cooperate. I write to RVupgrage and tell them what happen to me and I ask them to use USPS for futur Canadian customer transaction. For me the case was close and I get scam by UPS... One day past....Well guest what I was working on my harbor crane (117 feets above the ground) and I receive a phone call from RVupgrage california, a very nice lady (Debbie) tell me they are sorry and they will refund me the $23 UPS charge me! G... what a suprise! This is five stars service!

I finish my working day and get home and my girlfriend said "UPS didn't deliver your package they got a issue with the truck" . They out of luck and I will give them a hard time...I manage to convince them and they agree to let me do my paperwork and pick my package to the UPS wharehouse the ressult, a $4 fee instead of a $23 fee of UPS.
Now refunding RVupgrade is my first priority , those peoples deserved to be reward for such a fantastic service, we are in a economic crisis and they stay behind there customers, they deserved a big thumb up!
Gilles D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Good to hear of great service by RVupgrade.

I will only use UPS if the shipper won't deal elsewhere. I MUCH prefer the USPS/Canada Post combination. It has never failed me. I too do lots of cross border buying over the net.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Totally agree, USPS is the best way to get shipments from the states. Even getting UPS shipments from a Canadian supplier is a hassle.
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #4

Here a E-Mail I just receive from RVupgrade:

Hello Gilles,

Thank you very much for the kind words and most of all for the thoughtfulness. Gilles, we appreciate the kind gesture however you do not have to refund us. If you refer us to your friends and give us good reviews on the forum, that would be very much appreciated. It is always a pleasure working with folks like yourself.

Thank you once again for your honesty and thoughtfulness.

Have a great day!

Debbie Williams
RVupgrades.com
www.rvupgradestore.com
(866)332-7881

Only one word came to my mind and it's "BRAVO"

Old 05-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #5

Trailer: Trillium 5500 1980
I will contact RVupgradestore.com and tell them that they got another client by treating you like that!

NEVER EVER do business with UPS anymore. Both Fedex and UPS are under dozens of class actions all over Canada for their outrageous custom brokers fees and debatable commercial practises.

By the way Camping World is also to be avoided as UPS is mandatory for them and refuse to send in Canada by USPS.

I, personally, don't deal with anyone that do not accept to send by USPS. Period.
Normand Choiniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #6

Quote:
By the way Camping World is also to be avoided as UPS is mandatory for them and refuse to send in Canada by USPS.
G...I just joint there clubprice and get a good deal on a Fan-tastic fan (5000) I got a E-mail from them today my order is B/O and they will not proceed before 6/6/2009! Maybe I will cancel my order...I'm not secure, a warning alarm start blinking in my head... "Dont take chance"

PS: Norm your from Mt-Trembland! My favorite place to camp (Lac escalier) maybe you can give me some good spot and some trick to restore Trillium windows. (I got a 4500 to restore)
Old 05-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Thanks for sharing your experience, Gilles. It is indeed heartwarming to hear of a business (RVUpgrade.com) who treats their customers well!

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Totally agree, USPS is the best way to get shipments from the states. Even getting UPS shipments from a Canadian supplier is a hassle.
Not in our case. An item mis-shipped from from the US to Canada sat in US Customs in New Jersey for 2 1/2 weeks -- we finally gave up and got it elsewhere, then they released it 5 days later.
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote