Sadie Went To Dog Heaven - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #15
Name: jim
Trailer: Burro
After reading these posts, I went & hugged my Bassett Matilda.

jimcapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #16
Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
That's just the hardest thing to do. Dogs are the best. We don't have one anymore but we love our son's sheltie and get to have him for a week in summer when our son goes to Beaver Island (Michigan) to play in a music festival.

rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #17
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
So sorry Cyndi, they are with us for such a short time but you will get to keep the great memories of Sadie for life. Hugs to you.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #18
Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Sorry for your loss!

So sorry to hear of your loss. We had a Yorkie "Scruffy"for 151/2 yrs. It was very hard for us to say goodbye but then "Toby" our black farm cat came into our lives. He helped to fill the hole that was left . After 10 yrs Toby developed diabetes. This past Spring after 15 yrs we finally lost him too on our first camping trip. He was a great camper. Now we need to fill another hole. Once you have a pet its hard NOT to have one around to love. They just do not live long enough!!
Dennis Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #19
Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Our pooch is a lab/beagle/pointer mix (looks like a black pointer)...and is a good sized dog. She will be 12 at the end of the month....she is starting to fade.....i know we will miss her greatly when she is gone. So sorry for your loss......
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Trailer: Casita
I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. Losing a loved animal is the hardest part. GOD Bless and comfort you.
Skytalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #21
Name: Bonnie and Claude
Trailer: N/A
Originally Posted by Cyndi B. View Post
We had to put our 14 year old lab down this morning at the vet. My wish was for her to fall asleep on her pad on the front porch in sight of her creek. We put a bell on her because we could not find her in the dark, being black. We put a name tag on her because every one thought she lost though she wasn't. She was our Sexy Sadie after the Beetles song.
So sorry for your loss. We had a black lab (Bilbo Baggins) who was 14 when he became incontinent and developed other health issues. Putting a bell on Sadie was brillant, we never thought of that. Once he got loose and wandered off in the night and I lunged at a lot of black garbage bags before finding him. I once read: Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives. ~John Galsworthy" Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Sadie.
Bonnie and Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
Name: Steve
Trailer: Trillium 4500, Scamp 5th Wheel
Las Vegas, Nv.
So sorry to hear of your loss, I lost one of mine in Feb and I still shed a tear now and then. Some of them are truly unreplacable.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #23
Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
Hi, Cyndi,
Sadie looks like a very lovable pet. I feel so bad for you. That was a long time to have any pet and I know Sadie was well taken care of.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #24
Name: Jo
Trailer: have ordered Casita SD 17
So sorry to hear about your loss. Our pets are some of the best friends we ever have and it is so hard to lose them. We've had two beautiful Maine Coon cats that we were lucky to have shared several years of our lives with. Memories of the joy they brought to our lives will remain with us forever and I know that precious memories of Sadie will remain with you too.
Jo Agrafojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #25
Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
We're just back from the weekend camping and even though the wether predictions were for sub freezing temps, we had to go as that's where our Molly's ashes are and we visit every Canadian Thanksgiving. They stay in memories and live on in the next one.
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #26
Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2007 Toyota Tundra/2015 Tundra
Thanks everyone. I will miss her presence for sure.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #27
Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Yes, I'm sorry for your loss. Our dogs are generally much like our Children, except they never move out. I only wish their life spans were much longer.

I have been thinking about a trip over Thanksgiving which is my birthday and my Lily's is the day before. It's not like me to think of such things but I was thinking about this being Lily's 8th birthday and my mind went to "just how much longer will I have her....12 years years isn't far off".

I know your heart is breaking but just keep thinking of all the great memories you had with Sadie. Lily sends Kisses to you.

Joy A. & Lily
and "Puff", too
No. Ca. Sierra Foothills
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote