Safety In Numbers - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-23-2015, 04:56 PM   #57

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Would love to join you Norm but we have two weddings in ON in Aug-Sep so could not go east in May. We still have yet to see PEI long on our bucket list.

If for some reason this doesnt happen in 2016 we could join you in 2017!

Adrian
Adrain,

Weddings can be fun. we had an August wedding.

We've been to PEI a couple of times and loved it, but we love all the Maritime provinces. One time we included the Vintage Fiberglass Rally in PEI the year we attended.

We usually go to NL every year..if this one works out it's possible there could be another in 2017.

Have a good time...

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:22 AM   #58

Name: Corky
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16ft.
Illinois
I like what Floyd had a 5 or 6 week line of rallys on week ends across a few states. Not so much the cave thing but that may work to if camp grounds would be at there sites. Best to have an open agenda.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:55 AM   #59

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
NL Caravan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtland PieperCo View Post
I like what Floyd had a 5 or 6 week line of rallys on week ends across a few states. Not so much the cave thing but that may work to if camp grounds would be at there sites. Best to have an open agenda.
Corky,

A response that may apply to your statement towards the intent of the thread. First I like the idea of a Cave Caravan or any themed Caravan for that matter. Depending on the time of the year and the amount of preparation there are campgrounds everywhere. When we had a motorhome we had a rally every month from May thru October, the camping busy season, and were always able to get the needed 20 sites or so. I went to one Fiberglass rally where we doubled on every site, often an easy matter with our small rigs.

As to an open caravan structure, this is my first time planning for a caravan and do recognize that people will have different interests and hope to create some measure of openness, where people might come in and out over a few weeks. Simply creating an overall schedule of meeting places with space for side trips of interest.

Dave and I have talked about the rally and some possibilities. To this point I'm listening to the people who've signed up, I've encouraged them to get Newfoundland's travel brochure and map, and reviewed our many trips for things that might interest people. Between the members' inputs and our experience we can hopefully create a balanced fun experience in an open format that meets the needs of the group.

First time is always a learning experience, and usually memorable. Hope it works out for all.

Definitely a caving caravan sounds like fun....

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #60

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
As an active caver since the mid 70s, and a Life Member & Fellow of the National Speleological Society, a caving caravan might be of some minor interest. OH YEAH

Walt