Saran Disposable Cutting Sheets - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-22-2003, 06:13 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Saran Disposable Cutting Sheets

We first ran across these slick little disposably cutting sheets in Florida this spring ... and life will never be the same ... well, ok, life inside the trailer, cutting up meat and veggies, will never be the same.

Clean-up after chopping on a small cutting board always required a lot of soap and water, as well as drying space. Seems our cutting board was always falling over, inspite of Pam's best efforts to lean against the drying dishes, etc.

But, that's in the past. These neat little disposable cutting sheets, with built-in "absorption" borders, make chopping stuff like chicken an absolute joy.

In fact, we quickly used up the package we bought in Florida and I couldn't find them in any local groceries. Yesterday, I made a trip into the big city, and was tickled pink to find them at Sam's Warehouse Club, packaged in quantities of 48 sheets. I bought several packages.

http://www.saranbrand.com/saran_fop_cuts.asp

Pam was so pleased with me, she chopped up some ham and veggies this morning, on one of the sheets, to make a large Chef salad to take to work. When she was done, she folded up the sheet and through the whole mess away.

Try it, you'll like it!

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 07:07 AM   #2

I haven't tried those, but I really like the thin flat sheets. they don't take much space, and clean really easily. I usually have two. one in use the other drying. yes, I do have to let them dry some where. guess I could dry them by hand, naaa :nope

Old 05-22-2003, 07:17 AM   #3

Jana ... we used the thin sheet cutting boards also.

Thing that neat about the Saran disposable sheets ... they have built-in absorption layers, so the chicken juice, etc, doesn't flow all over the place ... and there's no clean up ... just toss the cutting sheet away.

Old 05-22-2003, 07:45 AM   #4

Saran Cutting Sheets

I've seen those advertised. They would be great for camping or trailering down the road. Quick and easy clean up so one could be on their way!

Shoot, I was just at Sam's Club yesterday. Now I gotta go back!

Old 05-23-2003, 06:58 PM   #5

OK

Charles,

Bernice bought some of the Saran Cutting Sheets today at Wal-Mart. She doesn't cook in the trailer so they must be to slice a tomato on for a sandwich.

Ron

Old 05-25-2003, 02:21 PM   #6

Ron, the cutting sheets work well with tomatoes (except for the really juicy ones, but those you should eat like an apple anyway!)

Old 07-08-2003, 08:58 PM   #7

Bought some today

I remembered this great suggestion and bought some Saran Cutting Sheets today to take on our upcoming CO trip. Was delighted to find them in our local HEB grocery store. Pack of 20.

I had been avoiding handling some things like raw chicken on our camping trips just because I did not want to deal with the sanitation issues. I think these sheets will make all the difference.

Thanks for letting us know about this product!

Audrey