Saw Camplite 13QBB Today - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Saw Camplite 13QBB Today

The wife and I went to an RV show here in town, and I saw a Camplite 13QBB. If you don't know they are all aluminum and look to be very well built, some what on the pricey side as this one was 17,889 . There is no wood in them all aluminum inside and out. Very interesting trailer, I was planning on taking some pics but we left the camera in the car which was a long ways back from the show. Anyone wanting to check them out here is a link. CampLite All Aluminum Travel Trailer Overview by LivinLite
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
The wife and I went to an RV show here in town, and I saw a Camplite 13QBB. If you don't know they are all aluminum and look to be very well built, some what on the pricey side as this one was 17,889 . There is no wood in them all aluminum inside and out. Very interesting trailer, I was planning on taking some pics but we left the camera in the car which was a long ways back from the show. Anyone wanting to check them out here is a link. CampLite All Aluminum Travel Trailer Overview by LivinLite
WOW! looks like it should hold it's resale,Heck in five years it's recycle value will be more than most 5year old stickbuilts!
That really looks like a nice trailer! Notice they measure the cabin without the tongue for sizing it. Also I bet it is hot or cold faster than most, good thing A/C is standard(better get the heatstrip!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
WOW! looks like it should hold it's resale,Heck in five years it's recycle value will be more than most 5year old stickbuilts!
That really looks like a nice trailer! Notice they measure the cabin without the tongue for sizing it. Also I bet it is hot or cold faster than most, good thing A/C is standard(better get the heatstrip!

Yep a 13' is the size of the cabin (without tongue), that price was the show special. I did like the windows, there were like ones that I had in a very nice truck camper. They are double pane and have a built in screen/shade. So there is no need for curtains. But one thing the wife noticed is inside the camper seemed to be darker than our fiberglass campers are. Ours just seem to be lighter inside.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #4

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
I read comments of one CampLite owner on rv.net. He had used it in very cold weather (-10 degrees) this winter, and said it did ok except for the cold, uninsulated floor. Also he did see condensation wherever there was no insulation (stud areas).

Personally, if it's even +10 you will not catch me out camping! Not my idea of fun.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I read comments of one CampLite owner on rv.net. He had used it in very cold weather (-10 degrees) this winter, and said it did ok except for the cold, uninsulated floor. Also he did see condensation wherever there was no insulation (stud areas).

Personally, if it's even +10 you will not catch me out camping! Not my idea of fun.
That's interesting Mike, a fellow fiberglass camper and I were just talking about that last night. He looked at these campers when they were just starting out, and wondered about the floor being too cold in cold weather. I didn't think about the aluminum studs being a factor also. Tough to find something that meets all requirements , and priced right too.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #6

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Imagine sitting inside during a hailstorm!
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack maloney View Post
Exactly! There was a bad hailstorm years ago that broke windows out of our house and dented, well, everything that could be dented. I was working at an RV manufacturer and they were using a fiberglass roof. They had one unit outside and the only damage on the roof was of the roof vent. This was really big hail and driven by high winds. We also had a new top of the line Coleman pop-up and a hail storm which just pelted the roof to look like it was textured in a bad way.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #8

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack maloney View Post
Man! my ears are ringing just thinking about that.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #9

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
The noise would be about the same as any metal-roofed trailer; this one is like others in that it does have some insulation up there. But the mere possibility of some noise wouldn't deter me from owning one. 99 days out of 100 will be fairly quiet and normal.

This reminds me of the little mobile home we lived in when newly married. Even a rainstorm (rain hitting the roof) was surprisingly loud.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote