Scamp 13 Deluxe - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
Scamp 13 Deluxe

Probably going to order a new Scamp(with washroom) , just not sure of whether or not to go standard or Deluxe. It's a three to four week delay to even see one that is being built and four months to order one for delivery .
I have the brochure but the option sheet online is different than the paper copy.

1. Deluxe blue/grey headliner is standard on the deluxe and an option on the standard. Has anyone seen this new colour or have a picture?

2. Deluxe now has Deluxe curtains as standard.. Again anyone seen or have pictures.

We stopped by the factory in August and didn't see or notice at any rate.

The dizzy rate of Scamp changes continue. You can get a phone jack now!

Sent from my XT1028 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantb View Post

sorry I can't help myself but this is so typically Scamp!

One has to ask why in the world they would start to offer a phone jack in a trailer? Particularly when the trend these days is for people to not even have a plug in phone in their home!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:56 AM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Brian, here's a link to the blue curtains on the Scamp parts department website. They appear to match the blue/gray color of our cushions.

Carpet & Fabric : Blue Curtain Set For 13ft. & 16ft Trailer

By "headliner" do you mean the walls too, or just the ceiling? Anxious to see that.

Have fun picking out which model and options. The choices you make will be around for a long, long time. Some of the trailers on this forum have been around for 40+ years. No pressure..

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:47 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Interesting post on Scamp "changes". I can tell you from experience, the wife does NOT like a dark interior (walls, curtains). On a 13'er, you're going to get a more "closed-in" feeling to me with it darker. The cushions are already dark (ours are brown). Oliver strategically uses "mirror" cabinet doors for an even MORE open feel. I've thought about checking into that for our Scamp...but then weight is a factor.

My wife even thinks the wood interior is too dark- again on a 13. I love the deluxe interior (wood) but there's a couple of things to remember: 1) It's a bit heavier and this could come into play if you're running close to the edge in capacity on your TV (Tow Vehicle). 2) It's considerably more expensive! Two things I wouldnt consider for a 13' trailer personally.

It still frustrates me at some of the changes we Scamp owners have tried to get Scamp to change or offer (door latches/locks; door seal; etc) but dont hear us. Then adding a phone jack? Now THAT is interesting.

Good luck and stay in touch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantb View Post
Probably going to order a new Scamp(with washroom) , just not sure of whether or not to go standard or Deluxe. It's a three to four week delay to even see one that is being built and four months to order one for delivery .
I have the brochure but the option sheet online is different than the paper copy.

1. Deluxe blue/grey headliner is standard on the deluxe and an option on the standard. Has anyone seen this new colour or have a picture?

2. Deluxe now has Deluxe curtains as standard.. Again anyone seen or have pictures.

We stopped by the factory in August and didn't see or notice at any rate.

Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:00 AM   #5

New Brunswick
Called the factory.. Website is wrong.. No grey/blue headliner.
Pickup date for orders of standards is now first week of December.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Brian, don't forget to order the "Standard" with the larger bed option that comes with the deluxe.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:33 AM   #7

New Brunswick
No we will go with the small bed if we don't order the deluxe. Our 2012 front washroom model had the standard bed and it was fine. the larger bed is nice but that 10 inches has to come from somewhere. The kitchen unit and closet is smaller. The deluxe makes up for this somewhat.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:49 PM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
Then adding a phone jack? Now THAT is interesting.
I need somewhere to plug in my Princess.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2014, 11:22 PM   #9

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
I am so glad that we could not get a shower in a 13Standard when we bought our 13Deluxe.
There are so many things which make it worth the cost.
Everything from better cushions and more choices, to custom cabinets all around, to two drawers. The whole trailer is quieter plus things like the water pump, sump pump and furnace, (even the shower) all run quieter.
Not that the Standard is too noisy.
The $3000 premium for a Deluxe, is actually only about $1500 when compared to a comparably accessorized Standard.
We have had ours for 10 years now and we still find nothing on the market which could take its place except another 13D!
Today I have a front bath Standard in my shop, parked right next to my 13D. The Standard is five years newer than our Deluxe and has had many upgrades over the last two weeks.
Both are very nice trailers but the Deluxe still stands out.

As for the effects of any imagined weight difference...
We have towed our Deluxe containing lots of mods and every option (except two propane tanks) all over the U.S. with a 4CYL Ford Escape with no ill effects and fuel economy in the mid twenties.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:16 AM   #10

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Floyd-
Just curious. Are you fixing the standard up for some one, flipping it, or do you plan to keep it as a younger sister for Eggy Sue?

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 10-26-2014, 04:26 PM   #11

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Floyd-
Just curious. Are you fixing the standard up for some one, flipping it, or do you plan to keep it as a younger sister for Eggy Sue?

My sister has seen that big smile on my face for the last ten years and decided she would like a Scamp for herself. I found them a 2009 Scamp Standard front bath and did some custom work on it for them. They picked it up yesterday and left today with it. They seem to like it. We did a thick memory foam mattress over the stock cushions and removed the table to open the space under the bed. They have two smallish dogs who loved to sleep under there once it was prepped.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #12

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Congratulations on getting a "convert" in the family. Guess that means Eggy Sue has a new "cousin."

Tags
scamp