Scamp 16' Deluxe Layouts: Some questions - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-02-2016, 05:10 PM   #1
Member
 
Name: Mark
Trailer: Curently Shopping
Ohio
Posts: 46
Scamp 16' Deluxe Layouts: Some questions

Some questions about the 16' Scamps:
1) Have all the 16' Deluxe models always had 54" wide bed? If not, when did they get the wider bed?
2) Comparison of the 16' Deluxe Layout A ("squarish" bath on side, front dinette) and the 16' Deluxe Layout B (front bath, side dinette)
-- Is there a consensus about whether the wide/narrow front bath is more practical than the more square side bath?
-- Layout A (front dinette), with a fridge and closet across the aisle from the galley, looks like it has a bit more storage. Also,it can sleep 4 total in two bunks at the front (right?)
-- Layout B (front bath): Limited to sleeping 3 people unless someone sleeps on the floor or a bunk is rigged up above the side dinette (ala Parkliner's available option), right?

Like many, I wish Scamp would offer a 54" wide bed as an option in the 16' Standard models. Seems a shame to lengthen the trailer by 3 feet and not use any of it to widen that 44" wide rear bed.

Thanks for the assistance.

Mark
__________________

__________________
samclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:11 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Ed Harris's Avatar
 
Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Posts: 1,776
All I know for sure is that the front bath seems a usable space to me while the side bath is completely useless for my needs.

YMMV as they say.
__________________

__________________
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Name: Ray
Trailer: Scamp
Kansas
Posts: 12
16' Deluxe Scamp Bed

Before ordering our Scamp l had it narrowed between a 16' Scamp or 16' Casita, but the Scamp won bc of the 54" bed and 4.6 ft3 fridge. Casita had a 48" bed and 1.9 ft3 fridge on the 16' models. A Casita 17' offers a 54" bed but the more weight was limiting for my tow vehicle.

We ordered the B layout due to more useful space. Hope this helps?
__________________
Ray R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Posts: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
All I know for sure is that the front bath seems a usable space to me while the side bath is completely useless for my needs.

YMMV as they say.
Can help but wonder that those needs are, since the side bath works fine for me

Yes, its a tight fit but I am only in it for about 120 seconds a day.

So I guess MMDV.
__________________
gordon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:34 PM   #5
Member
 
Name: Mark
Trailer: Curently Shopping
Ohio
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
All I know for sure is that the front bath seems a usable space to me while the side bath is completely useless for my needs.
Ed, Thanks. It's too bad the manufacturers don't publish dimensions or at least scale drawings of the floorplans--they treat this info like it's some kind of proprietary secret. Parkliner provides dimensions, which is considerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray R View Post
Before ordering our Scamp l had it narrowed between a 16' Scamp or 16' Casita, but the Scamp won bc of the 54" bed and 4.6 ft3 fridge. Casita had a 48" bed and 1.9 ft3 fridge on the 16' models. A Casita 17' offers a 54" bed but the more weight was limiting for my tow vehicle.

We ordered the B layout due to more useful space. Hope this helps?
Ray, yes, thanks. Your priorities seem similar to ours.
__________________
samclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:11 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Ed Harris's Avatar
 
Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Can help but wonder that those needs are, since the side bath works fine for me

Yes, its a tight fit but I am only in it for about 120 seconds a day.

So I guess MMDV.
Well I simply do not fit in there at all.
It is not complicated at all.
For the throne it is not a big deal as long as I am alone which I usually am butt still! On the other hand the idea of a shower is another thing and utterly impossible for me in there.

Contrast that with the front bath which seems luxurious and roomy in contrast and I far prefer the front bath,
We each have our own wants and priorities and I prefer the Casita in general and the Bath(which I rarely even use) is far ahead of the Scamp to me.

This morning a new guy asked about the different trailers here and someone said they were sure the Scamp Side Bath model would just be fine for the new guy.
How on earth could they know or suggest this?
We each have to decide what works for ourselves and I am just glad there is enough variety to help each of us find something we like!
__________________
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Posts: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Well I simply do not fit in there at all.
It is not complicated at all.
For the throne it is not a big deal as long as I am alone which I usually am butt still! On the other hand the idea of a shower is another thing and utterly impossible for me in there.

Contrast that with the front bath which seems luxurious and roomy in contrast and I far prefer the front bath,
We each have our own wants and priorities and I prefer the Casita in general and the Bath(which I rarely even use) is far ahead of the Scamp to me.

This morning a new guy asked about the different trailers here and someone said they were sure the Scamp Side Bath model would just be fine for the new guy.
How on earth could they know or suggest this?
We each have to decide what works for ourselves and I am just glad there is enough variety to help each of us find something we like!
I fully understand the issue with the cramp quarters with the smaller side bath. One reason is works for me is that I have yet to shower in it and hope I never have to.

The lesson here is, when shopping, do your best to see as many trailers as you can IN PERSON. Go into the bath, lie on the bed, hit your head on the roof, then decide with due consideration to how, and where, you plan to camp.

Scamp Dlx models are less common but seeing Std models will help too.
__________________
gordon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:40 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,046
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by samclem View Post
Some questions about the 16' Scamps:
1) Have all the 16' Deluxe models always had 54" wide bed? If not, when did they get the wider bed?
2) Comparison of the 16' Deluxe Layout A ("squarish" bath on side, front dinette) and the 16' Deluxe Layout B (front bath, side dinette)
-- Is there a consensus about whether the wide/narrow front bath is more practical than the more square side bath?
-- Layout A (front dinette), with a fridge and closet across the aisle from the galley, looks like it has a bit more storage. Also,it can sleep 4 total in two bunks at the front (right?)
-- Layout B (front bath): Limited to sleeping 3 people unless someone sleeps on the floor or a bunk is rigged up above the side dinette (ala Parkliner's available option), right?

Like many, I wish Scamp would offer a 54" wide bed as an option in the 16' Standard models. Seems a shame to lengthen the trailer by 3 feet and not use any of it to widen that 44" wide rear bed.

Thanks for the assistance.

Mark
1] Most do, but that's why it is called Custom Deluxe, The buyer has the choice.

2] NO QUESTION! The front bath is superior to the side bath. That is the bath itself. Whether you would like to sacrifice a comfortable bath and the additional storage, for bunks, is a choice you would have.

3] There is no question that the Deluxe is a wonderful trailer and supplies much more than just wood over the standard. I have owned both and loved them both, but I am glad every day that I have the Deluxe with custom options and mods.

I think it is nice to have the choices to fit each buyer's needs but
of course I consider the extra three feet to be just that, redundant.
Our trailer is for two only though, anyone wants to come along, they can bring their own trailer!
__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
NO QUESTION! The front bath is superior to the side bath.
This is so VERY subjective. Superior to what? I wouldn't want a front bath because I think the side bath is superior... so there! I get a bath AND a big front window... you don't. Naner, naner, naner.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,046
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
This is so VERY subjective. Superior to what? I wouldn't want a front bath because I think the side bath is superior... so there! I get a bath AND a big front window... you don't. Naner, naner, naner.
Still VERY superior in terms of its function as a bathroom. Besides, I've already seen the back of my tow vehicle!

Of course context matters too... "That is the bath itself."
&
"I think it is nice to have the choices to fit each buyer's needs".
__________________

__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
scamp


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
13' deluxe layouts Coletrain General Chat 38 08-24-2014 10:55 PM
Hi everyone....some design, some products...from me pablo3 Hi, I am.... 4 10-01-2013 01:15 PM
Some 13' Scamp Questions Fegbee General Chat 4 09-20-2012 09:38 PM
New Scamp 16 owner and have some questions? aaronmt Modifications, Alterations and Updates 3 05-30-2012 09:43 PM
Questions on some specific scamp options Sandy Christie General Chat 6 01-25-2010 10:30 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.