Scamp 19' 5th Wheel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Scamp 19' 5th Wheel

If you ever want to know what a Scamp 19' 5th wheel is like you could stay in one at Tumble Farm just north of Gainesville FL. It is listed on Air B&B. I stumbled upon it by accident. It was the Deluxe Plan B layout. I stayed a night for just $25. It was very clean on the inside. The large bed was quite comfortable and it was considerably roomier than my 13 footer. Though I liked the trailer, the one thing I found awkward was the steps going up to the bed. The heights of the steps are not consistent and could cause some problems going down in the middle of the night.
Attached Thumbnails
88afa694-7072-4065-8fd2-0faa4687b419.jpg   c582d00b-219f-47bb-896c-997da1182331.jpg  

fiberglassrvfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #2

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
What color, awesome!
Is this one permanently fixed in place or, do they travel with it? I am intrigued by the hitch modification. It looks different from the normal coupler. The later models (like mine) do not have the front window which requires the shield. The steps from the loft are certainly non-standard, but easy to get used to.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:28 AM   #3

Name: Kenny
Trailer: 16' Standard
Ohio
Registry
Tumble Farm

They have a web site: tumblefarm.com
Kenny in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:59 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O. View Post
What color, awesome!
Is this one permanently fixed in place or, do they travel with it? I am intrigued by the hitch modification. It looks different from the normal coupler. The later models (like mine) do not have the front window which requires the shield. The steps from the loft are certainly non-standard, but easy to get used to.
It appears to be a permanent fixture or least has been in the same place for a long time. I didn't pay much attention to the hitch.
fiberglassrvfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #5

Name: Michael
Trailer: Escape 21
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberglassrvfan View Post
<sniped> ... the one thing I found awkward was the steps going up to the bed. The heights of the steps are not consistent and could cause some problems going down in the middle of the night.
We have found the best way to descend from the bed is to go down facing the same way you went up, i.e. climb the ladder down.
lijMichael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp