Scamp 19' 5th Wheel near Niagara Falls - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rod View Post
Hey guys,

The other trailer I'm looking at is the Skyline Eco-camp 21bh. It has bunks a queen bed and a dinette but doesn't have the fibreglass build that the Scamp 19' does. Are there any other options I haven't thought of that would be in the $20k range?

Thanks,
Jared
The Escape 5.0 5th wheel is another very popular alternative to the Scamp for many.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #22

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
It sounds like Alf's 5th wheel Escape may be coming up for sale soon.
I've been told, it's sold.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #23

Name: Jared
Trailer: WTB a 19' Scamp
Ontario
more questions

Sorry folks for not replying to all your great information, my youngest daughter is 5 months old as has been in the hospital all week getting over the flu. She's all done the flu, but still isn't eating enough to come home, been a stressful week, lots of prayer.
I was wondering if anyone has used the bunk beds on the Scamp 19' standard. My concern is that the kid on the top would roll onto where mom and dad are sleeping during the night? Also, how do mom and dad get into bed if the bunk beds are being used? Anyone use the Escape 5th wheel with kids? It lots beautiful, but I'm not sure if I would have fights between my two girls as they get older because they'd still be sharing a bed. hope everyone is having a great spring.
j-rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #24

Name: Jared
Trailer: WTB a 19' Scamp
Ontario
Hi, is also meant to ask: What are the common problems experienced by Scamp owners? I've heard about some people having door leaks. Is this a common issue?
j-rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #25

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (Previously 2004 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel)
We camped with a family of 6 in a standard Scamp 5er. With the bunk up, it was sort of like an elongated, huge bed up above. We usually had three kids up there and one in the bottom bunk. Adults on the dinette bed. If you had a standard, you could also put the two kids on the dinette bed, leave the bunks set up as a couch to sit on and sleep in the loft yourself. We preferred to sit up at the table at night and drink coffee at it in the morning so chose the dinette to sleep on instead. We had two dogs with us, too.

To answer your last question, we never had a problem with a door leak.
Karen T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fall, scamp