Scamp 19 vs Escape 5.0 (single axle) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-19-2015, 08:06 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Escape
Wisconsin
Posts: 20
I made comments based on my experiences and if you will notice I said I can only "say how it has gone for me with the 2 brands" and also that my experience may not be typical. I fail to see how reporting my own experience can be "reputation assassination" - but that's surely your right to believe that. Lesson learned by me on the workings here - whew
__________________

__________________
Eric Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:22 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Posts: 4,369
Conspiracy, you think, Floyd?
__________________

__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,050
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Conspiracy, you think, Floyd?
If I had thought for a moment that a conspiracy was involved I would have said so.
The fact is that it has to do with the fundamental nature of human social structures. Its a bit complex, but easily understood by any child who has faced a bully on the playground.
__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:45 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Posts: 4,369
You've lost me.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,050
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Thompson View Post
I made comments based on my experiences and if you will notice I said I can only "say how it has gone for me with the 2 brands" and also that my experience may not be typical. I fail to see how reporting my own experience can be "reputation assassination" - but that's surely your right to believe that. Lesson learned by me on the workings here - whew
I see that you are a "junior member" here, so jumping to that invalid conclusion is understandable. My comment was not aimed specifically at your comment...Your opinion is both valid and welcomed.
What you have missed is the crescendo of unwarranted hyperbole over time.
__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:54 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,050
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
You've lost me.
Sorry.
__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:56 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Escape
Wisconsin
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I see that you are a "junior member" here, so jumping to that invalid conclusion is understandable. My comment was not aimed specifically at your comment...Your opinion is both valid and welcomed.
What you have missed is the crescendo of unwarranted hyperbole over time.

...and intending to STAY quite "junior" here, me thinks!
__________________
Eric Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:02 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Posts: 4,369
Sometimes, when one has a thin-skin on a subject, they see issues that aren't.
And, constantly defending a position itself wears thin.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:02 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,050
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Thompson View Post
...and intending to STAY quite "junior" here, me thinks!
This kitchen is not as hot as you think, it is only warm and inviting and there may be a pie in the oven... so stick around.
__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:05 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,050
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Sometimes, when one has a thin-skin on a subject, they see issues that aren't.
And, constantly defending a position itself wears thin.
True that!Maybe I haven't lost you after all!
__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:34 PM   #25
CPW
Senior Member
 
CPW's Avatar
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Flori-duh!
Posts: 934
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
What you have missed is the crescendo of unwarranted hyperbole over time.

I surely hope you are not referring to my earlier post because there was not the slightest bit of hyperbole injected into my discourse. Everything I stated/reported was purely factual and I didn't mention every aggravating problem or incidence of what appeared to be shoddy workmanship associated with my Scamp.
Had I stated that it would be appropriate to put a set of wheels and a coupler on a Porta Potti and slap a Scamp decal on it then maybe that could be considered unwarranted hyperbole.



Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
__________________
CPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:38 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,050
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
I surely hope you are not referring to my earlier post because there was not the slightest bit of hyperbole injected into my discourse. Everything I stated/reported was purely factual and I didn't mention every aggravating problem or incidence of what appeared to be shoddy workmanship associated with my Scamp.
Had I stated that it would be appropriate to put a set of wheels and a coupler on a Porta Potti and slap a Scamp decal on it then maybe that could be considered unwarranted hyperbole.



Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Nope!That last sentence could be construed as particularly poignant, were I so inclined....
The first Scamp13 which I saw was an old model at a used RV lot.
It had elephant skin lining and it was sitting closed up in 90 degree heat.
I got the key and went inside it. After a few minutes of the stifling heat and the smell of cooking rubber and fiberglass, I called out to my wife....
Hey, you've got to see this thing, its like a cross between a goose egg and a porta-potti!But little did I know, I was hooked.
__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:11 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,398
Registry
I can say that the deluxe Scamp interiors are very nice and the wood craftsmanship is very beautiful, and for the money Scamp is a good value. If downsizing I'd get a deluxe Scamp.
__________________
Jim
Never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:44 AM   #28
CPW
Senior Member
 
CPW's Avatar
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Flori-duh!
Posts: 934
Registry
Scamp 19 vs Escape 5.0 (single axle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I can say that the deluxe Scamp interiors are very nice and the wood craftsmanship is very beautiful, and for the money Scamp is a good value. If downsizing I'd get a deluxe Scamp.

If you are basing "a good value" on the initial purchase price, I guess a Scamp could be construed as a good value. However, given the cost and time to correct problems, aggravation, and ruined trips that I was blessed with during the time I owned mine, I would contend that my Deluxe 19 was the worst value I could have gotten for my money.


Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
__________________

__________________
CPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
axle, escape, scamp


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OR | For Sale: Rare 1987 Bigfoot Fifth Wheel, 19' single axle levi For Sale: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers 12 04-19-2015 07:37 AM
tandem axle vs single axle trailer Wayne Hill Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 26 07-17-2012 11:39 PM
Single axle tire safety Johnnie J Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 46 03-16-2012 07:56 PM
2 or 4 wheel chocks for a single axle trailer? JohnF Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 36 11-05-2011 01:12 PM
Tandem or Single Axle? Dana T Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 19 03-27-2009 05:54 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.