Scamp Factory...Here is, How do they do that?? (Pictures) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #21

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Another thought.

I wonder if the new Scamp has a different frame, also different length tongue.

Fun to think of what is different. I hadn't notice that rake that Clive Alive mentioned.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #22

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Although when you think about it, the expanded height alone only accounts for a "slice" of fiberglass that goes around the trailer in a band that is about 4" high (or however much taller it is). Mostly what is gained is empty air inside, and none of the furniture or other heavy stuff is affected (unless, as you say, they changed something else at the same time).

The original poster's weight does sound really low - it would be interesting to have that same trailer weighed again at a different scale (not that we don't trust you, OP, but just in case there was a scale issue).
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Scamp
I will weigh it again as soon as I get a chance, it will be interesting, I'll do total unhitched, hitched, right and left.
The only difference will be that I have removed the front bunk. and it will have a few sheets pillows and blankets in.

I do not know what the original cabinet doors were but mine are about 3/8" thick and very light.
Joe N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #24

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Hi Joe,

We wouldn't be able to do the left, right weight now. Robert/Frederick? brought the good weigh system to Oregon. We only have the town dump here and they can't weigh right/left.

We too removed the backrest of the front bunk. I did add new foam that fits the front better as that is where I sleep. My foam shouldn't really be more weight than the original foam/backrest.

Maybe when they rebuilt they made an effort to lower weight with cupboard doors/etc. I am not so obsessive that I need to fuss with that. It is just all interesting. If we had to get our weight down we could I'm sure.

Best thing to learn is that we all need to know the weights of our units and that all 13's are not equal.

Oh! I just thought of something that might add a couple of pounds. We have brakes.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp