Scamp Factory Tour - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #29
Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
When my wife was given tour at Scamp they stated an average of 2 completed campers per day. Not sure how accurate that is and I would take that as work days. So I would figure 2 per day X's 5 days per week, and say X's 50 weeks per year. About 500 Scamps per year in 3 various sizes.

Again, these are very unofficial estimates and I probably screwed up the simple math this morning, and consider the source, just what my wife remembered from her tour.

Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #30
Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Dave, we are on our 2nd old Scamp 13', and both had developed very noisy furnaces over time. New ones are probably just as quiet as their competition, but the design leads to the metal parts rubbing, causing squealing noises while running. The thread explaining how to quiet the furnace shows the problem areas in detail. Now one of these days I'll have to take it out and do the repairs in order to be able to use it. I have always called the part department and have gotten great results with no problems.
Dave & Paula
Yes Dave, I would expect it to get noisier over time, I know the older I get the more noisy I have become too, lol. But I would think the Atwood models may do same as well but maybe not. Studying both designs I would say they are both very good furnaces, horse a piece.

Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #31
Name: Corky
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16ft.
We have a 13 foot Scamp . The grill behind the refig. lets cold air in to the camper. Also the frig turns to a freezer when below 20. All so water lines are in the open space by the refig. vent. Water in the bath area freeze in cold weather. We use the camper year round and yes it gets cold on the floor and the windows ice up. We heat with a 1500w heater and can keep it 60 in side. We only camp with 120v elect. koa or parks with elect. hook up. You can find some year round parks up North but few. As for the rivets we have not had a problem with them . Yes the caps last about two years. If you change the caps when they start to crack they will be okay.
Courtland PieperCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #32
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Hi Corky,
Those storms miss you guys last night, I was thinking of you. My new trailer will be here in about 2 weeks.
Never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #33
Name: Steven
Trailer: Currently Shopping
NW Wisconsin
Getting Nowhere

I too was having difficulties dealing with Jim at Scamp . I E- Mailed both Kent Eveland and his son and described the problems I was encountering dealing with Jim . The E-Mails were a TOTAL waste of my time . I never received a reply so I called Scamp and got nowhere again. Others may have had a good experience with Scamp but I did not

steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote