Scamp Front Dinette - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
Member
 
Newfang's Avatar
 
Name: Sandy
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Florida
Posts: 39
Scamp Front Dinette

Just wondering if anyone has pictures of the 13' Scamp with the front dinette.

Question for those with this configuration or 16' Scamps with small dinette...

Do you find it makes the larger bed/dinette unnecessary? Do you find you leave the bed in place as a result?

I know the front dinette was/is an option on the delux model for the 13' scamp....anyone ever modify the front sofa on the standard Scamp to a small dinette?
__________________

__________________
Newfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfang View Post
Just wondering if anyone has pictures of the 13' Scamp with the front dinette.

Question for those with this configuration or 16' Scamps with small dinette...

Do you find it makes the larger bed/dinette unnecessary? Do you find you leave the bed in place as a result?

I know the front dinette was/is an option on the delux model for the 13' scamp....anyone ever modify the front sofa on the standard Scamp to a small dinette?
Hello Sandy. With a small dinette in front we removed the rear one in favor of a permanent bed and it works well for us.. While some folks with a front sofa have removed a portion to fashion a front dinette others have come up with creative ways to leave the sofa and have a side by side table. Others use "TV" trays. Might try using the search feature. I am sure you will find some interesting options. Raz
__________________

__________________
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Posts: 1,564
We had a member modify the front sofa to a dinette. I sure tuned out good. I don't know if the photos are still here or not.

EDIT here they are My Scamp Bunk/Dinette Mod
__________________
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
Member
 
Biggie's Avatar
 
Name: Julie & Terry
Trailer: Former Scamp owner (now Camp-Inn 560) /2008 Jeep Liberty
Minnesota
Posts: 47
There are pictures of the 13 ft Deluxe Scamp Front Dinette on Scamp's Facebook page. Check it out https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scamp...97691030279431
__________________
Biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,048
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfang View Post
Just wondering if anyone has pictures of the 13' Scamp with the front dinette.

Question for those with this configuration or 16' Scamps with small dinette...

Do you find it makes the larger bed/dinette unnecessary? Do you find you leave the bed in place as a result?

I know the front dinette was/is an option on the deluxe model for the 13' scamp....anyone ever modify the front sofa on the standard Scamp to a small dinette?
Dozens of people have done this mod on a Standard Scamp. Here are some examples....The second one is not mine. and I am sorry I can't list the credit, but it may well be the best example. (Tim? Maybe?) I have more pictures of the process if you like.
The first one is a Burro, the second and fourth are Scamps, and the third is a Trillium...
Attached Thumbnails
BURRO 17WB 001.jpg   n_aCAAA6YP3.jpg  

trillium unfinished 018.jpg   May 2009 018.jpg  

__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:37 AM   #6
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Dozens of people have done this mod on a Standard Scamp. Here are some examples....The second one is not mine. and I am sorry I can't list the credit, but it may well be the best example. (Tim? Maybe?) I have more pictures of the process if you like.
The first one is a Burro, the second and fourth are Scamps, and the third is a Trillium...
If you go this route you might consider making a wooden base for your table rather than screwing it to the floor. While a little less stable, it makes it easier to get in and out of the seats.
__________________
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,048
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
If you go this route you might consider making a wooden base for your table rather than screwing it to the floor. While a little less stable, it makes it easier to get in and out of the seats.
Each trailer presents a different set of issues, ideas and solutions.
I suppose you could use a slide rail at the base and mount the pedestal base on plywood which could then slide side to side. Or just make the table top so that it could slide. Or you could simply mount the pedestal base off center to the starboard side.three of these are built to exceed the normal OEM.
Notice the last one is stationary due to the A/C location.I guess the best solution is to leave enough room for access, which is always a little more of a challenge on the port side.
__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #8
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Each trailer presents a different set of issues, ideas and solutions.
I suppose you could use a slide rail at the base and mount the pedestal base on plywood which could then slide side to side. Or just make the table top so that it could slide. Or you could simply mount the pedestal base off center to the starboard side.three of these are built to exceed the normal OEM.
Notice the last one is stationary due to the A/C location.I guess the best solution is to leave enough room for access, which is always a little more of a challenge on the port side.
Click image for larger version

Name:	P5190601.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	43587

Click image for larger version

Name:	TrillTableDown.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	43588

Click image for larger version

Name:	TrillTableUp.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	43589

Raz
__________________
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,048
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Very nice!, Great idea... Plus you can use it outside!!
We have an aluminum folding pedestal base designed just for that purpose.
__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Thomas G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Posts: 5,103
I'm a little slow. What is the green line at the top of the table in the last picture?
__________________
Thomas G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Tim Wood's Avatar
 
Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Posts: 747
Yes the second picture is one that I did on a Standard 13' a few years ago. Thanks for the comment Floyd I appreciate it. I did mount the table to a piece of plywood you can see in the picture. That was so I could take the table outside and use it between our chairs. The dinette also made into a single bed/couch. Porta Potty was also stored under the one side. The wife and I both miss that Scamp.
__________________
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Posts: 2,530
Registry
A front dinette has been done by lots of different camper owners. We did it on our Burro and created swivel seats. Just do a search. It does not have to be a Scamp to find ideas.

CindyL
__________________
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I'm a little slow. What is the green line at the top of the table in the last picture?
Just a shock cord to hold the table up at night. We originally planned on using the flat floor space for the porta potti but the dog found the spot first. Better there than in the 46" bed .
__________________

__________________
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
scamp


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OH | 2005 16' Scamp with side dinette and front bath Cabs in ohio Classified Archives 16 12-15-2011 10:16 PM
Scamp 16' front dinette ??? Yvon Chayer Modifications, Alterations and Updates 16 05-31-2011 08:12 AM
2006 Scamp Side Dinette w/front bunks - $8,750 BillE Classified Archives 2 09-27-2009 09:05 PM
Front Dinette. Pat C Modifications, Alterations and Updates 17 08-13-2009 02:17 PM
New Front Dinette Barbara Gardin Modifications, Alterations and Updates 6 05-23-2006 11:22 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.