Scamp Front Dinette - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #1

Name: Sandy
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Florida
Scamp Front Dinette

Just wondering if anyone has pictures of the 13' Scamp with the front dinette.

Question for those with this configuration or 16' Scamps with small dinette...

Do you find it makes the larger bed/dinette unnecessary? Do you find you leave the bed in place as a result?

I know the front dinette was/is an option on the delux model for the 13' scamp....anyone ever modify the front sofa on the standard Scamp to a small dinette?
Newfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfang View Post

Do you find it makes the larger bed/dinette unnecessary? Do you find you leave the bed in place as a result?

I know the front dinette was/is an option on the delux model for the 13' scamp....anyone ever modify the front sofa on the standard Scamp to a small dinette?
Hello Sandy. With a small dinette in front we removed the rear one in favor of a permanent bed and it works well for us.. While some folks with a front sofa have removed a portion to fashion a front dinette others have come up with creative ways to leave the sofa and have a side by side table. Others use "TV" trays. Might try using the search feature. I am sure you will find some interesting options. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We had a member modify the front sofa to a dinette. I sure tuned out good. I don't know if the photos are still here or not.

EDIT here they are http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...mod-41325.html
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #4

Name: Julie & Terry
Trailer: 2019 GoBE; Former Scamp owner; 2005 & 2014 Jeeps
Minnesota
There are pictures of the 13 ft Deluxe Scamp Front Dinette on Scamp's Facebook page. Check it out https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scamp...97691030279431
Biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #5

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfang View Post

I know the front dinette was/is an option on the deluxe model for the 13' scamp....anyone ever modify the front sofa on the standard Scamp to a small dinette?
Dozens of people have done this mod on a Standard Scamp. Here are some examples....The second one is not mine. and I am sorry I can't list the credit, but it may well be the best example. (Tim? Maybe?) I have more pictures of the process if you like.
The first one is a Burro, the second and fourth are Scamps, and the third is a Trillium...
Attached Thumbnails
BURRO 17WB 001.jpg   n_aCAAA6YP3.jpg  

trillium unfinished 018.jpg   May 2009 018.jpg  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:37 AM   #6
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Dozens of people have done this mod on a Standard Scamp. Here are some examples....The second one is not mine. and I am sorry I can't list the credit, but it may well be the best example. (Tim? Maybe?) I have more pictures of the process if you like.
The first one is a Burro, the second and fourth are Scamps, and the third is a Trillium...
If you go this route you might consider making a wooden base for your table rather than screwing it to the floor. While a little less stable, it makes it easier to get in and out of the seats.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
If you go this route you might consider making a wooden base for your table rather than screwing it to the floor. While a little less stable, it makes it easier to get in and out of the seats.
Each trailer presents a different set of issues, ideas and solutions.
I suppose you could use a slide rail at the base and mount the pedestal base on plywood which could then slide side to side. Or just make the table top so that it could slide. Or you could simply mount the pedestal base off center to the starboard side.three of these are built to exceed the normal OEM.
Notice the last one is stationary due to the A/C location.I guess the best solution is to leave enough room for access, which is always a little more of a challenge on the port side.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #8
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Each trailer presents a different set of issues, ideas and solutions.
I suppose you could use a slide rail at the base and mount the pedestal base on plywood which could then slide side to side. Or just make the table top so that it could slide. Or you could simply mount the pedestal base off center to the starboard side.three of these are built to exceed the normal OEM.
Notice the last one is stationary due to the A/C location.I guess the best solution is to leave enough room for access, which is always a little more of a challenge on the port side.
Click image for larger version

Name:	P5190601.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	43587

Name:	TrillTableDown.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	43588

Name:	TrillTableUp.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	43589

Raz
Old 02-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Very nice!, Great idea... Plus you can use it outside!!
We have an aluminum folding pedestal base designed just for that purpose.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I'm a little slow. What is the green line at the top of the table in the last picture?
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #11

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Yes the second picture is one that I did on a Standard 13' a few years ago. Thanks for the comment Floyd I appreciate it. I did mount the table to a piece of plywood you can see in the picture. That was so I could take the table outside and use it between our chairs. The dinette also made into a single bed/couch. Porta Potty was also stored under the one side. The wife and I both miss that Scamp.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #12

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
A front dinette has been done by lots of different camper owners. We did it on our Burro and created swivel seats. Just do a search. It does not have to be a Scamp to find ideas.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I'm a little slow. What is the green line at the top of the table in the last picture?
Just a shock cord to hold the table up at night. We originally planned on using the flat floor space for the porta potti but the dog found the spot first. Better there than in the 46" bed .

Tags
scamp