Scamp Has Fiamma Awnings - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-21-2017, 09:07 AM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Scamp Has Fiamma Awnings

I was concerned when I heard here that Scamp was running low or out of Fiamma awnings, since the distributor has yet to re-open after the tragic shooting in Orlando. We have a 16 on order and wanted to know what they planned to do. I called Scamp this morning, and apparently the problem is solved. They are currently getting their awnings directly from the factory in Italy.

The shooting is classified as a murder /suicide, and the reason given for the Orlando operation closure is because of the ongoing investigation. At least that's what they're telling Scamp.

This is good news as far as we're concerned because we really enjoyed the Fiamma awning on our 13. The only issue or problem we had was when we just got it, and were sitting under it with Norm and Ginny in a heavy rain. It collapsed on top of us, due entirely to operator (me) error. I felt terrible, but they took it in stride and laughed it off like the classy people they are.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, scamp