Scamp or Trillium - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #21

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Boy, what a great find! I'm envious! Looks like it is in great shape. Enjoy!

Our day is coming...

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #22

Name: Lisa VPC
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Michigan
Good suggestion, Noreen. I know with the humidity yesterday that preceded the storm that hit the Midwest yesterday, it got PRETTY HOT in the camper. Whew. We definitely need to get a fan. BUT, I do have to say the interior was completely DRY after that rain. Such good news for this former tent camper who has woken up wet on a few occasions!

Lisa VPC
LisaVPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #23

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Lisa

I may be wrong but this looks more like a 4500 than a 1300 to me?
Is there a space under the floor of the big dinette that is either empty or has a soft plastic water tank in it?
Everything about the pics looks just like my 4500 did and not my 1300.
The sink area and a lot of other details scream 4500 at me!

Also if you can get a pic of the frame right where it exits under the trailer at the front we can see if it looks like the repair has been done or not.
Otherwise I detailed this in one of my replies earlier in the thread.

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #24

Michigan
Paperwork says 1300. Two spaces under seats of dinette AND a plastic water tank included.

Also...camper doesn't have a battery installed and we'd like to have one. HOW to do this??

Will try and get out and take photo of frame when I get a chance...THANKS!!!!

Lisa VPC
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5841.jpg  
Old 06-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #25

Huh?
The water tank in a 4500 is under the floor section not the dinette and in fact if you fill it too much the floor will raise up a little!

Either way this is a very nice looking trailer.

Again the frame thing is not rocket science,you will either see metal plate welded over the area that gets weakened through time or you will not.

Are there any?
Old 06-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #26

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Lisa

I may be wrong but this looks more like a 4500 than a 1300 to me?
Is there a space under the floor of the big dinette that is either empty or has a soft plastic water tank in it?
Everything about the pics looks just like my 4500 did and not my 1300.
The sink area and a lot of other details scream 4500 at me!

Also if you can get a pic of the frame right where it exits under the trailer at the front we can see if it looks like the repair has been done or not.
Otherwise I detailed this in one of my replies earlier in the thread.

Ed
It's a 1300. The primary indicator is the location of the furnace. In this case the road side. On a 4500 it is on the curb side. There are a number of other indicators, but the kitchen window does make it look like a 4500. I would love to see a green 4500.
Your trailer has pretty much every option available. Very nice! Thank you for the data sheet. I will add your beautiful Trillium to the list.
Batteries are typically put on the tongue. There is a hole in the bottom of the trailer, on the road side. It can be seen in the gaucho, (front couch). That is where most of the electrical connections are made.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #27

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
...Her kitchen window( could open like all others) looked exactly mine: 1980 1300Trillium, also the size of kitchen top. Mine isn't equipped with furnace, also no opening at main door either...
Thinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:50 AM   #28

Trailer: casita
Florida
Thats a cute little trailor, congrats! They now have AC'S that are portable and have a catch bin for the condensation that sit in the floor. While it may not be the handiest thing to have with smaller campers, it would save you the hassle of cutting a hole in the roof or sides and could be left at home except till the few hottest months. I was looking at them at Home Depot, and they run a couple hundred bucks for a small but ample model.
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #29

Trailer: casita
Florida
EdgeStar 8,000 BTU Ultra Compact Portable Air Conditioner - AP8000W Something like this maybe.
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #30

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I've read mixed reviews on the portable a/c in campers from great to no effect at all. I suppose it depends on the temps and insulation. You do need to vent those through the window though using something that looks like a dryer vent hose.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #31

Alberta
Registry
An air conditioner in the closet makes sense to me. Draw the air in the side, exhaust out the bottom. You can get away with the cheapest window model this way.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #32

So Lisa,What is going on?

Yours is one of the cleanest old Trill I have seen.

We need to live vicariously through you here!

Ed
Old 06-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #33

Michigan
Why, thanks, Ed! It's good to have that feedback. We took her on a trial run " camping" at our family cottage. My 6 year old son fell out of the top bunk in the middle of the night, and we discovered we need a rail (:/ Found the following thread http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ety-56222.html

We are taking our first trip to Northern MI next month and are getting a transmission cooler for our van. Also....our Trillium came w/o a battery and we are having one installed. Still figuring out the power/converter. I have to admit neither my husband nor I are very literate in the subject, so it's a learning curve. Have to still check the frame...door is a little wonky...would like a screen door. A few hairline cracks around door...but I think they may be in the gel coat.

Searching a bit on the Fantastic Fan....may be a good alternative to a/c.

Our awning is in great shape, but looking at some add-a-room options

Leaving for California on Sat for a couple of weeks, but I am SO excited about our Trillium that I wish we could just go camping! My husband is rearranging his work schedule to work four days and have Mondays off so we can do more Sa-M camping.

Have I mentioned how much I love this forum?! It and you all have been such a help!

Lisa VPC
Sitting in an iPad conference thinking about my trailer!!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #34

Alberta
Registry
Lisa, The bunk bar on a Trillium is typically mounted to the ridge in front of the door, and to a block of wood glued to the fibreglass, under the Ensolite. Many Trilliums have the block of wood, even if they don't have the bunk bar. Please don't make the mistake of drilling through the fibreglass to mount it.

Tags
scamp, trillium