Scamp Parts Dept - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Name: David
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Oregon
Posts: 316
Scamp Parts Dept

I just recieved a shipment of parts from Scamp. It's the 2nd or 3rd time I have ordered parts to do some upgrade or mod. This time I ordered a new stone shield among other things. The one I had went missing. When I ordered the shield, the parts guy asked if I needed hardware too. I told him yes since the whole thing was gone. I was expecting to see a separate line item on the invoice for the hardware. Nope! They sold me a new stone guard for $60, and sent all the hardware, including the rivets to install it for no additional cost.

I felt a post was in order because in all my dealings with Scamp, their prices for parts have been reasonable, fair, or beyond fair. The cost of parts is something no one considers when they buy something new. Usually that unhappy event comes later. The shield is a handmade part, only available from Scamp, and they could charge $200 for it. They could also nickel and dime you for every last rivet too. A lot of companies do exactly that. Every item I have purchased from Scamp has been a bargain in my estimation, so this is a public Thank You.

David
__________________

__________________
DavidSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,049
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSo View Post
I just recieved a shipment of parts from Scamp. It's the 2nd or 3rd time I have ordered parts to do some upgrade or mod. This time I ordered a new stone shield among other things. The one I had went missing. When I ordered the shield, the parts guy asked if I needed hardware too. I told him yes since the whole thing was gone. I was expecting to see a separate line item on the invoice for the hardware. Nope! They sold me a new stone guard for $60, and sent all the hardware, including the rivets to install it for no additional cost.

I felt a post was in order because in all my dealings with Scamp, their prices for parts have been reasonable, fair, or beyond fair. The cost of parts is something no one considers when they buy something new. Usually that unhappy event comes later. The shield is a handmade part, only available from Scamp, and they could charge $200 for it. They could also nickel and dime you for every last rivet too. A lot of companies do exactly that. Every item I have purchased from Scamp has been a bargain in my estimation, so this is a public Thank You.

David
My experience has been the same, I have called and ordered everything from custom work to snap-caps, and have always been treated promptly, competitively and cheerfully at every turn.
__________________

__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
WildBirder's Avatar
 
Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Posts: 530
Registry
Thx for the feed back on customer service.
I'm placing my first order with them tomorrow. I like to support local business when i can but I spent today driving around Vancouver looking for parts. I can have the same items purchased from scamp AND shipped to Canada for considerably less. I'm doing a restoration on a '69 boler and they have a few specialty items i can only get through them. Since I will be placing an order anyway they will get all of my parts business. To reemphasize, the speciality items are very reasonable.

Cheers,
Mark
__________________
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Dave Thompson's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp 16 Custom Deluxe
Washington
Posts: 26
Registry
It's always nice to hear about good experiences with a company.

Excuse a very newbie question; what's a stone shield?
__________________
Dave Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Posts: 1,115
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Thompson View Post
It's always nice to hear about good experiences with a company.

Excuse a very newbie question; what's a stone shield?

The stone or rock shield is the cover that goes over the front window while traveling. They typically hinge up so you can raise them for shade over the window while parked. Our UHaul VT had one at one time, but we have been camping happily without it for 5 years. Our van doesn't seem to kick up any rocks that high, so there has been no damage. Also, we can look directly through the trailer while driving, allowing me to see traffic behind the trailer.
__________________
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Dave Thompson's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp 16 Custom Deluxe
Washington
Posts: 26
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
The stone or rock shield is the cover that goes over the front window while traveling. They typically hinge up so you can raise them for shade over the window while parked. Our UHaul VT had one at one time, but we have been camping happily without it for 5 years. Our van doesn't seem to kick up any rocks that high, so there has been no damage. Also, we can look directly through the trailer while driving, allowing me to see traffic behind the trailer.
Thanks! I thought it may be something that fits on the trailer yoke to protect the underside fittings.
__________________

__________________
Dave Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
scamp


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scamp parts NEW Kyle Martz Classified Archives 3 01-15-2011 03:41 PM
PARTS ARE GONE - scamp parts for sale Judith Kennedy Classified Archives 1 03-04-2010 06:08 PM
Scamp Parts Dept. info Raya Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 8 02-18-2009 05:52 PM
Scamp parts John Perry General Chat 4 10-19-2006 06:56 AM
My kitchen is full of smoke, no one has called the fire dept. Lizbeth General Chat 4 09-02-2006 09:22 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.