Scamp Trailers on Facebook - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-14-2012, 12:16 AM   #21

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
I joined Facebook a while ago. After a month or so, I closed my account. Just could NOT understand why anyone would ever be on there at all.
You could say the same thing about any membership site, including this one. There are reasons people belong to different groups. Facebook to me is a good way to keep in contact with some friends that I probably wouldn't keep in contact with any other way. It's also a good way to have some idea what some of my relatives are up to, including my adult children.
To each their own.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #22

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Cat's out of the Bag, LOL

Why yes Ken, it is! After figuring out what our immediate needs are we finally joined the Egg Family after 4 yrs!! Didnt want to say anything till it all worked out and kindof wanted to surprise e'body. I knew that Facebook page could spill the beans, lol. Didnt figure anybody would recognize us.

We went through Wayne and got the Deluxe for the bigger bed. So now we have a trailer that allows each of us to have seperate sleeping/hanging out areas, built in A/C, 3 way fridge, and light enough for my minivan. Although I got to say I was surprised how much my V6 worked going through the Smokeys on our way home. I'll do a seperate post for our fabulous trip and a link to the Flikr acct to pix my daughter is uploading. Short story is we went from Backus to Bimidji, to Itasca for the Mississippi Head waters, to the North Shore where we hit all the State Parks with waterfalls, Split Rock Lighthouse, the Canadian Border, then Duluth which we were not able to tour due to a Marathon that weekend so all the parking lots were closed, through WI, IL where we got caught in a horrible storm with hail, lightening, green skies and 60+ mph winds so we ducked into a farmhouse driveway for an hour then made a run for Kankakee I think it was and sheltered between 2 semis at a truck stop. From there we went through IN, KY and to Gatlinburg for 3 days where we went to the Aquarium and Forbidden Caves then did a 700 mile 14 hour day drive home to make my daughter's Ortho appnt, lol. So 4700 miles, 17 days and $860 in gas for the vacation the kids will never forget!

I'm amazed how how comfy we are inside. The kids can hang out on their bunks reading, journaling, watching a movie etc while I'm at the table or "kitchen" or we sit at the table playing games/chit chatting. That bigger booth really helps. So we got e'thing we need for now. The only thing missing is a bathroom but the porta potti works great and of course if I'm paying for a bath house I may as well use it. We stayed in 5 different Truck Stops and slept great! So cozy tucked in with the trucks. Well lit, lots of folks around, level, paved and best of all free! Good b'fast in the morning and clean bathrooms. I even did some laundry at one.

Well this post is getting long so I better end it. OH! I did meet Sandra and her husband Tom I think it was at Jay Cooke SP near Duluth. They bought Mary's 2008 Scamp 13 on here. Only saw one other Scamp and a Casita which was at Itasca SP the entire trip otherwise.

Now I'll be at Scamp Camp with a Scamp!!

Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Is that our Melissa B (Florida t@b) on the front page I didn't know?
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scamp...97691030279431
Old 06-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #23

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Melissa, Congrats on the new Scamp. Glad you had a great trip.
Facebook is my number one means of communication with my niece teaching in Asia, and another niece far away in our own country. Limit permissions, and you'll really only talk to the people you want to talk to.
You're the mom of tweens. Time to know about FB. If they're not already on FB, they'll be looking that way soon.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
OH neat, congrats. Nobody paid attention to my post so you were hidden. You are the only melissab I know so I thought i might ask. I'm glad you and the family had a safe and fun trip!
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #25

Name: Julie & Terry
Trailer: 2019 GoBE; Former Scamp owner; 2005 & 2014 Jeeps
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post

We went through Wayne and got the Deluxe for the bigger bed.

Melissa
is your Scamp a 13 ft deluxe Melissa? I didn't realize that they had the 13 ft deluxe with the bunk option. Enjoy the summer Scamping!!!
Biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #26

Yes it is. You can get them with either a front bath, front dinette or front bunks.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #27

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Nobody paid attention to my post so you were hidden.

Or like me, waiting for her to respond.

Congrat's Melissa and Family! Enjoy! But I have a question, are you gonna post pictures of your new trailer? Ya know we like pic's here!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #28
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Fiberglass Travel Trailers RV has a Facebook Page
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #29

Of course!! But they are on my daughter's computer and she took it with her for a sleep over, LOL. I checked her camera and she already emptied her memory card too so that wont work. She has over 700 pix including the North Shore on Lake Superior with all the waterfalls we hiked to in the State Parks. Once she uploads them to Flikr I'll post the link. We also have pix of the Scamp factory (of course, lol) and the mandatory pix in front of the Scamp up in the air. My avatar I snagged b/4 my daughter left.

I dont remember who posted the pix of ALL those trailers already built and waiting for new homes parked outside but every one of them was sold by March!! Wayne said they had such a mild winter they went like hot cakes. Usually they have trailers till about May available. Now you'd have to wait till Aug for a Standard and Sep for a Deluxe. Amazing! There were folks there picking up when we were there and inside the factory was wall to wall trailers in various stages of incubation all sold. Boggles the mind they dont even advertise!

Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Quote:
Nobody paid attention to my post so you were hidden.

Or like me, waiting for her to respond.

Congrat's Melissa and Family! Enjoy! But I have a question, are you gonna post pictures of your new trailer? Ya know we like pic's here!

Tags
scamp