Scamp Updated Their Website! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Scamp Updated Their Website!

I could not believe my eyes, Scamp has finally updated their website. Maybe the competition, which appears to be growing, got them motivated. It is MUCH improved.

I like the "Frequently Asked Questions Section".
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Looks nice.
Also looks like the same content.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #3

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Yes, the new Scamp website is terrific! Now they appeal to all ages; young families as well as retired folks.

I noticed that the one long, side-to-side cabinet in the back does not seem to be an option on the 13'. We like ours and wonder why it is not available. It looks like the two back side cabinets are now standard.

Happy Camping!
Gilda (Jill-da)
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:58 AM   #4
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
The new site looks good. I think it's a little easier to navigate. They mention the window options but i don't see anything about the larger bed option reported here a while back. I have always liked the fact that Scamp has a parts store. It appears to have been expanded. Other manufacturers should consider doing the same thing. It implies long term customer support. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:49 AM   #5

They also have a couple of youtube videos now, one showcasing the deluxe 5th wheel and the other a promo of the entire line of trailers. I was going to post links but when I tried, the whole thing, the video appeared in the post rather than just a link. I am not sure why.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
OMG..... Hoodathunkit?
Does this mean, that after 40+ years, they might even update the Scamp?

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #7

IDK Bob that bottom door gap might be here for another 40
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #8

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
OMG..... Hoodathunkit?
You do realize Bob that back in the 90's they did move their water and electrical hook ups over to the drivers side so they matched up with connections at most parks! Doesn't that count as an update?

I was very pleased to see the new site last week & that it now has photos of trailers being pulled by vehicles from this decade or pretty close.

Was nice to see them update the website and as they say "keep in the game". I was a little worried they may actually have been losing more than a little market share due to their seemingly inability to keep up with times.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #9

Name: Jay
Trailer: former class c now an egg hunter
New York
The pictures on the old site were seriously outdated....reminded me of the 70's.

Looks inviting now.
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #10

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
IDK Bob that bottom door gap might be here for another 40
Mine was gone 9 years ago!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
OMG..... Hoodathunkit?
Several axle changes.
Reflextix/Ratfur.
Frame changes
Increased bed size and shower available in 13 standard
Rear window change with mold change
Vertical tongue jack and 2" hitch on 13
Elimination of front window and mold change on 5er
Upgraded fabrics
Door gasket option.
In other words a policy of constant but cautious improvement.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #12

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Scamp Trailers : Home - Scamp Trailers
Steve & Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #13

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Door gasket option.
??? Did I miss it?? Do we have an option other than the stick on foam?
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #14

Name: Chris
Trailer: Scamp 16
New Hampshire
The website is definitely an improvement but it can still be a little confusing figuring out what all the options are. When you buy a new car you go through a multi-step wizard. I'd like to see the same for campers since there are a lot more options and configurations to choose from. You know, first select the length, then select the layout, then select an option package, then add on additional options (with photos of what each one is).
chuyler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #15

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Let's see, they changed the mold on the 16' to accept a rear sliding window back in the mid 1980s. Oh that was the same time they changed to Reflextix/Ratfur. So, those changes were more than 25 years ago. Yep, they stay right on the cutting edge of improvements They change fabric every couple of years... so, I guess you could count that as being an "update."

They still drill a gazillion extra holes for curtain rods and mount that wonderful looking Stinky Slinky tube on the front where it's a main focal point on this cute little trailer.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #16

I went off and tried to find a photo of one of those Scamp motorhomes from the 80's which was impossible in the time I allowed anyway and came across reviews of the Scamp and they were detailed. It was sort of funny because it had 3 - 5 star, 2 - 4 star, 1 - 3 star and 3 - 1 star. Is anyone of them wrong, no. It just has to do with the individual and their expectations. The most critical one was someone who had never seen a Scamp prior to purchase and I would never recommend spending that much money without seeing it first and I'm guessing this person probably won't do that again either. Scamp is a classic and the answer to the dreams of many.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #17

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
In other words a policy of constant but cautious improvement.
Reminiscent of the original Volkswagon.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #18

Name: Chris
Trailer: Scamp 16
New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
They still drill a gazillion extra holes for curtain rods and mount that wonderful looking Stinky Slinky tube on the front where it's a main focal point on this cute little trailer.
Thanks to FGRV.com posts I ordered mine without the curtain rods!

I do wish the tube was mounted underneath or something. It does detract from the front facade. I could also make a few other suggestions to improve fit and finish but overall I am satisfied with it.

But I agree that it comes down to expectations. If you're looking for a step up from a pop-up it's wonderful. If you are stepping down from something larger and more luxurious I don't think you will enjoy it unless perhaps you go with the custom wood interior.
chuyler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #19

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
??? Did I miss it?? Do we have an option other than the stick on foam?
Nine years ago, I switched my door gasket to an Omega shaped closed cell foam gasket and a square closed cell threshold gasket. We then switched to a more attractive "D" shaped closed cell gasket on a few subsequent trailers. One of these was shown and pitched to Scamp, who after some time, decided to start offering it as an aftermarket replacement choice.

The open cell foam is still the only gasket offered on new trailers, citing concerns about allowing the door to cure completely before the install of the closed cell gasket.
You can now buy the "D" shaped closed cell gasket from Scamp upon request. I installed one for a friend as recently as two weeks ago.
The solid threshold gasket (3/4"X1") must still be obtained locally.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #20

floyd: Got to ask "cure" in reference to the fit of the door, is that sort of like "settle" and has it got to do with the hanging hardware of the door or something with the fiberglass itself? I'm sure the answer is obvious to most but I would guess, the hanging hardware and just getting comfortable in its space?

Tags
scamp