Scamp walls - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #21

Name: Joan
Trailer: Companion
Michigan
Registry
The furry stuff has been removed from the inside of my Companion, and it is just painted with epoxy paint. I can't imagine glue would be adequate to hold shelves or anything substantial. Does one build a frame that is supported from the cupboards?
Joan of Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #22

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan of Shark View Post
The furry stuff has been removed from the inside of my Companion, and it is just painted with epoxy paint. I can't imagine glue would be adequate to hold shelves or anything substantial. Does one build a frame that is supported from the cupboards?
I don't know if your walls are hollow with an inner and outer shell or just an single wall outer shell.

In Scamps which are single walls (as opposed to hollow) it's mostly either attach thru the wall typically with rivets or some replace those with stainless steel screws small enough to use with the snap caps to cover them.

The other way things are attached is by "tabbing" which is using fiberglass cloth and resin to attach wood blocks or rails to which things can then be screwed. The couch or bench seats have this around the outside wall. It's almost like taping the wood to the wall with some layers of fiberglass so you have something to screw into.

Owners of hollow wall eggs may well have some different ways of attaching things that work better for that type of egg construction.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #23

Name: Joan
Trailer: Companion
Michigan
Registry
Mine are single thickness. Sounds like I won't be doing any of that till next summer. That's fine.
Joan of Shark is offline   Reply With Quote