Scamp Window Change - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #1

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Scamp Window Change

It was reported in one of the Facebook groups that Scamp is discontinuing the radius jalousie windows used since c. 2010 (has discontinued, in fact). Reason given: Hehr was bought out by Lippert, which discontinued that style.

News to me. All the 2019’s I’ve seen have had them. Anybody talked to Scamp recently? If true, those who have and like that style better take good care of them!

The person that posted is rebuilding a late model Scamp 13 that was damaged when a red light runner broadsided the tow vehicle, causing the Scamp to roll. Both were totaled by insurance, but the Scamp was in surprisingly good shape and the owner bought it back and is rebuilding it. Apparently the side crank out windows are not available from Scamp or Hehr.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #2

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I hope that's not true Jon, I love this style. I prefer the full jalousie, but this is a good compromise.
I have a 2008 with the radius style as seen here. Maybe they started using them before 2010, or mine were special order?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0281-1.jpg   IMG_0312.jpg  

Old 12-11-2019, 02:06 PM   #3

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
[QUOTE=Jon in AZ;762529]It was reported in one of the Facebook groups that Scamp is discontinuing the radius jalousie windows used since c. 2010 (has discontinued, in fact). Reason given: Hehr was bought out by Lippert, which discontinued that style. If true, they won’t even be available as a custom order.

Can anyone confirm this information? If true, those who have and like that style better take good care of them!

I know it was big news in February of '18 when Hehr was bought out by Lippert. DO not know about the windows still made.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:12 PM   #4

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisantica View Post
I hope that's not true Jon, I love this style. I prefer the full jalousie, but this is a good compromise.
I have a 2008 with the radius style as seen here. Maybe they started using them before 2010, or mine were special order?
They were not available in 2008, so I'd guess they were changed out by a previous owner after they became available in 2010. Count yourself blessed! Or perhaps I should say doubly blessed, since you also have the rare black full jalousie option on your 13'er...
Old 12-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #5

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
I know it was big news in February of '18 when Hehr was bought out by Lippert. DO not know about the windows still made.
So the Lippert acquisition is not news, but the decision to discontinue the crank out style is. I probably heard at the time, but like many things, filed and forgotten. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2019, 02:17 PM   #6

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
I was able to install one of those windows in our Uhaul camper by making a filler piece for the opening in the shell. Other Uhaul owners have done the same as direct replacement windows for the Uhaul campers are not available, they have to be custom made. Scamp sold those windows at a reasonable price and did a great job packing them for shipping. So there goes a good option for Uhaul side windows down the drain, or if you prefer another description, "out the window". No problem for us as we sold our Uhaul.
Whatever Scamp is going to use instead (I understand it's back to sliders, slightly larger than the crank outs) should still be a retrofit option for U-Haul owners. Maybe they're big enough not to need the filler piece...
Old 12-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #7

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
They were not available in 2008, so I'd guess they were changed out by a previous owner after they became available in 2010.
Jon, I think they were available, because I look at old ads and see them on the 2008. Here's another example:
https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...2000-sonoma-ca

And another:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...int-83355.html
Old 12-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #8

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisantica View Post
Jon, I think they were available, because I look at old ads and see them on the 2008. Here's another example:
https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...2000-sonoma-ca

And another:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...int-83355.html
Well, I learned something. Guess the deluxe models got them first.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:35 PM   #9

California
Registry
Quote:
Well, I learned something. Guess the deluxe models got them first.
It does seem that way. I was looking for some standards with the radius jalousie, but couldn't find any just now in a quick search.

Quote:
Or perhaps I should say doubly blessed, since you also have the rare black full jalousie option on your 13'er...
Yep, love these best! Back when I didn't even know what I was buying.
Attached Thumbnails
ScampBMW.jpg  

Tags
scamp