ScampCamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
ScampCamp

Getting ready to leave for ScampCamp.
Anybody need anything for a Scamp or something close?
Let me know and I will check my Hoardware Store (Shop and loft)
See you in Sebring!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:37 PM   #2

Name: Mike & Helene
Trailer: Scamp 5er
Florida
Your getting an early start. Must be making several stops along the way. we will be getting there on the 8th and thought that was early. see you there. I sure we will all have a great time.(weather permitted) It got down to below freezing last night. That's very cold for us Florida boys. see you there.
Mike Sullivan
Old 01-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sullivan View Post
Your getting an early start. Must be making several stops along the way. we will be getting there on the 8th and thought that was early. see you there. I sure we will all have a great time.(weather permitted) It got down to below freezing last night. That's very cold for us Florida boys. see you there.
Mike Sullivan
We show up on the 6th. I just waste a lot of time getting ready!
Old 01-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #4

Registry
If you are going to Sebring and you need something Scamp, PM me and I'll check my loft. I don't really know what's in my loft, but it might be just what you need. For instance, I have some random original cushion covers in a couple of patterns in perfect condition.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:35 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Scamp Camp

Floyd,
I purchased a replacement door latch for my 19 ft Scamp like the one you installed on your 13 ft. I am trying to come up with a striker plate before I remove the OEM latch and make my cuts in the door. What did you use on your mod? I believe you made one from some stock material you had in you workshop. I would appreciate any help on this. See you in a couple of weeks at Scamp Camp.
Jeffrey S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:12 PM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey S. View Post
Floyd,
I purchased a replacement door latch for my 19 ft Scamp like the one you installed on your 13 ft. I am trying to come up with a striker plate before I remove the OEM latch and make my cuts in the door. What did you use on your mod? I believe you made one from some stock material you had in you workshop. I would appreciate any help on this. See you in a couple of weeks at Scamp Camp.
I cut this one from an industrial shelving cross brace. It is adjustable but I have never needed to.
As you can see, it is not a complex design!
PM me if I can help.
Attached Thumbnails
June 2009 118.jpg   June 2009 117.jpg  

Old 01-28-2018, 11:31 AM   #7

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
We are in Pensacola now. We postponed our arrival for 5 days waiting for good weather. It's been unseasonably cool the past week, but hoping for some warmth further South. Leaving for Manatee Springs (Chiefland) tomorrow, one week there, then on to Sebring the 6th.

Floyd, check your Hoardware Store for warm weather; then bring all you got. Drive safe all!

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:40 AM   #8

Name: Mike & Helene
Trailer: Scamp 5er
Florida
Scamp Camp

Lets have a idea of who's going to scamp Camp. I'll start and i guess that makes #1(only in counting for S.C.) How high can we go?
Old 01-28-2018, 11:52 AM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
We are in Pensacola now. We postponed our arrival for 5 days waiting for good weather. It's been unseasonably cool the past week, but hoping for some warmth further South. Leaving for Manatee Springs (Chiefland) tomorrow, one week there, then on to Sebring the 6th.

Floyd, check your Hoardware Store for warm weather; then bring all you got. Drive safe all!

Tom
We have little to spare... I'm still afraid the cold will try to run me down and take back what little I can steal!
Hope to see you there.

I just had a thought...
I guess Santa really gives those sacks of coal to those he loves the best, since he knows he'll go straight home after Christmas and send us a couple of months of cold from the north pole!
My coal bag is marked "Return to Cinder" since I'm headin' south!
Old 01-28-2018, 12:04 PM   #10

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
It will be approaching 80 degrees in Sebring by the 6th. We'll survive.

I really don't want to be known as #2 Mike, but I've been called worse.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:06 PM   #11

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
I will be starting my journey south this coming Wed, about noon.

I replaced the cushions in my 13ft, standard bed Scamp. These are 1999 cushions, the blue plaid with small reddish flowers? Covers and foam. No front bunk cushions. Decent shape. Cheap.

If anyone has a use for them, I can bring them down with me. Let me know in the next day or two, otherwise I will leave them at home, they take up too much space to lug around for nothing.

See you in a week or so,
Lyle
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp