Scott and Allison's New Parkliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #1

Trailer: Aliner
Scott and Allison's New Parkliner

Scott and Alison picked up their new Parkliner from the factory yesterday and drove it directly to the Cherokee rally -- just in time for the potluck!

This morning I asked him if I could take a picture of them with their new trailer to share with the board.... so here it is!
Attached Thumbnails
Scott and Alison - Parkliner.JPG  
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Congrats to the new owners, I'm sure they will really like their new trailer. Now you have to get them to join the forum.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #3

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Congrats to the new owners, I'm sure they will really like their new trailer. Now you have to get them to join the forum.
X2 and might I add such a nice looking family for such a nice camper.

many years of HAPPY CAMPING
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #4

Trailer: Aliner
I hope they know about the forum. I just assumed that if they knew about the rally they knew about the forum.

Sure hope to see them posting and adding a lot more details about their camper and maiden voyage soon!

They didn't even get the new trailer set up before there was a line of people wanting tours. But Scott very good naturedly said he had been warned it would be like that and was expecting it!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Cool for Scott and Allison
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #6

Name: Scott
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner
Georgia
Hey, that family looks just like mine.

Hi folks. We had a great time at Happy Holiday in Cherokee and received the warmest welcome from everyone. Got some great tips from lots of folks. The Pot Luck was fun, and we even won the award for the newest trailer (attending the rally the day it hatched!) as well as recognition for attending our first rally. We were more than happy to share the trailer with those who wanted to take a peek. Mom and kids are leaning towards naming ours The Marshmallow, although this may require us to sneak into our next egg rally. We are really looking forward to more adventures with our new trailer. My first project will be a set of safety rails for the bunks as our little ones sure do move around alot at night.
mrscottyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #7

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Hi Scott, We were glad you made it. The buzz going around all day Saturday was "Are they here yet?". We got back to the campground from downtown right after you had pulled in, and saw the crowd gathering already, so we joined in. Nothing like a bunch of people watching you set up the first time, huh?
You have a nice looking camper, how did your kids like the bunk beds, and did they fight over who got the top bunk?
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: Park Liner born Nov 2012
South Carolina
Registry
Thumbs up New Parkliner

Hi Scott, Mike from Greenville SC here. My wife Barbara and I went to Gibsonville 10 Oct to check out the Parkliner and I believe we were shown your unit. We fell in love with them and ordered one that very same day, ours to be born aprox Nov 21 just in time for us to go to our son's home in Duram NC for Thanksgiving. We are very excited about it and cant wait to pick it up. Chandler is a very good salesman and has the product to back it up.
Mike V Grenvile SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #9

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
Nothing like a bunch of people watching you set up the first time, huh?
Normally, having an audience would have made this a stressful event, but backing into the spot went smoothly (I guess it helps when you have a dozen spotters). It was funny when I went to check in at the office and they said "Oh, You're the one everyone has been waiting for." I am not one who normally seeks attention, but we felt like celebrities driving into Happy Holiday. The best part about setting up in front of a crowd was that there were several folks willing to lend a hand, and I was delighted to get input and feedback from anyone who had something to offer. In hindsight, it really would have been stressful if everyone just stood back and watched. Doing everything for the first time was easy with someone nearby who has done the same thing probably hundreds of times. It really made the setup go smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
You have a nice looking camper, how did your kids like the bunk beds, and did they fight over who got the top bunk?
I think we chose the same route as fellow Parkliner owner Mimi Lee did with her crew. Kids slept in the big bed with us as we need to get some safety rails on the bunks. I actually tried out the top bunk the first night and slept quite well. I have been mulling over several safety rail designs and will post the one I finally get installed once it is complete.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #10

Georgia
Congrats, Mike on your upcoming new trailer. We are very pleased so far and are looking forward to our next trip.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #11

Name: Mike
Trailer: Park Liner born Nov 2012
South Carolina
Registry
Thanks Scott, we have had 2 slide-in campers and a fifth wheel so we are not really new to the game, but like you said having all the people in the camp watching you for the first set-up would be STRESSFUL for sure. I hope that we like our unit as well as your family does. We plan to do a lot of boondocking with ours, campgrounds tend to eat at the wallet! Maybe we will cross paths sometime in the future, Mike & Barbara
Mike V Grenvile SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #12

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Yes, Congrats to you too Mike, I'm sure you are going to really enjoy the new Parkliner. If you guys have any questions about the Parkliner send me a pm.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #13

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Sweet!
I think the Parkliner is the cream of the New Fiberglass trailer crop!

If I wasn't so attached to my old Trillium....
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #14

Name: Paul
Trailer: Escape 19
Georgia
Considering a Parkliner. Live In Gainesville GA. Would you be willing to show it to us?Where in GA are u?
Thanks
PAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #15

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Congrats Scott & Mike.

We sure love our ParkLiner (#006), but so far only grown kids have slept in it. Our first planned trip is to Gibsonville in May for some warranty upgrades. I think it speaks very well for the company that they are willing to do stuff like this for folks who bought their trailer used. I can't wait to go camping!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #16

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Congrats Scott & Mike.

We sure love our ParkLiner (#006), but so far only grown kids have slept in it. Our first planned trip is to Gibsonville in May for some warranty upgrades. I think it speaks very well for the company that they are willing to do stuff like this for folks who bought their trailer used. I can't wait to go camping!

Frank
I agree, I'm glad they stepped up and took care of the battery issue and did the upgrades! I'm very happy with my ParkLiner and look forward to camping as soon as I can lol

Best of Luck with yours!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #17

Name: elli
Trailer: ordered parkliner
Wyoming
HI Mike,
I seriously hope you meant to pick up your camper in Nov of 2014 because we ordered ours last April and are still waiting! I wonder when Scott and Allison ordered theirs?
elli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #18

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Mike posted about his PL order in late 2012 which means he was ahead of Elli in the queue. Gotta watch the dates on revived threads.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #19

Name: elli
Trailer: ordered parkliner
Wyoming
Apologies Rabbit

Apologies I don't check in that often, in fact only joined into the conversation this past fall and as you all know we have been trying to take the high road with our frustrations over Parkliners communication issues. They obviously have a great finished product but one can't help questioning their organizational skills when it comes to keeping track of their customer relations-out of site out of mind if you catch my drift... We can't just run down the road to visit them being in southwest.
elli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Name: Cameron
Trailer: ParkLiner
North Carolina
Hey guys,

Cameron at ParkLiner here. I am trying hard to get this needed information from Chandler concerning production order. He is extremely busy and cannot preform all of the tasks I need him to all the time. I am sorry for the inconveniences, and I hear your issues. Thank you so much

- Cameron
parklinercameron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner