Searching for roomy lightweight - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-06-2015, 06:56 PM   #29
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Searching for roomy lightweight

I don't see anything to confess. I think you made a great choice, and you certainly work fast!

I remember one long winter many years ago... We got hit in the White Mountains with another major snowstorm right in the middle of spring break when I had planned to work outside. I got up in the morning, saw the snow, and just decided I'd had enough. Drove straight to Phoenix and bought myself the touring kayak I'd been dreaming about. Spent the rest of the week planning my first trip to Lake Powell.

Forget the snow and start planning!

Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #30
Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
It looks beautiful, Mike! Enjoy the Southwest.

Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #31
Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit 17
British Columbia
Very nice and rare layout for the 16, you don't see many like that, most have the side dinette.
Love the deluxe, you made a great choice.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:53 PM   #32
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Cool for you! There aren't any bad all molded towables, honestly. As long as you got one that fits your needs... SCORE!

When you take ownership, post lots of pics and make a TON of memories along the way
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:43 PM   #33
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
If you ever decide you want something different, the Scamps hold resale value very well. Until that "if and when" time, you can be having fun camping in a brand new Scamp. Wood interior would be my pick, too.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... --Ecclesiastes 3
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:38 AM   #34
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Congrats Mike, I really like the "deluxe" interiors. Now that you have taken that leap and jumped into the pool, you now have to start swimming. See you on the road, neighbor. When do you pick it up?
Never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:06 AM   #35
Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp 16' Oak Deluxe Layout A - "Kiwi"
Thanks for your congrats and support!

Thanks everyone for your congratulations and support. It's easy for me to have second thoughts after such a big purchase and a fast decision - I actually thought my wife would be the slower one on this but she right away felt the Scamp we chose site unseen was the best choice. We ordered it on Monday and yesterday we received the Casita info in snail mail including an owner less than an hour away...and of course the printed brochure looks very nice, including the side dinettes. But we did like the concept of the Scamp Deluxe front dinette. We'll find out how the space works out! We're having it delivered nearby in WV (a cheaper delivery zone) hopefully after the snow is gone from our long drive, in about 3 - 4 weeks. I'll post more photos. The ones I posted are what Alan from Scamp sent of the one he had so we could see the wood especially, as the Birch looked very nice on their site, and the one he had was oak. The oak is light and looks very nice, too, as well as all of the cabinets in the Deluxe.
mgellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:34 AM   #36
Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
That is a very nice looking rig, and similar to what I hope to end up with when I do the front dinette mod to my old Scamp. While I agree that quick decisions can sometimes backfire, I don't think buying a product such as this from a well established and respected firm like Scamp is wrong as long as your personal financial situation warrants it. Enjoy!
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:39 AM   #37
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Yep, did the same thing in sept. 2014. Sight unseen, drove all the way to MN to pick it up and drove it back to Pa. I got the 16` standard side dinette front bath. We are very new at it. Just enough room for the two of us and our Golden. As soon as the weather breaks i`m outta here. See you on the road, Good Luck. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:01 AM   #38
Name: Bruce
Trailer: Scamp 16 Deluxe
We went to the Scamp factory 4 times before making the decision to buy, saw the factory before their fire and after their fire. Before the 5th trip we had decided to buy the 5th wheel, but after spending time in all the demo models, looking at all models being built, and looking at all the sold and ready for delivery models, we ordered a Scamp 16 front bath, side dinette with the Oak Custom/Deluxe interior. That was in 2008. We enjoy every adventure with our Scamp.
BruceandMaryJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:33 AM   #39
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Searching for roomy lightweight

In case you have any lingering doubts... Your Scamp 16' Deluxe has at least three advantages over a Casita 16': a bigger bed (54" vs 45"), more headroom, and, of course, that beautiful wood interior. The bed alone is worth the price of admission.

Although Casitas are nice trailers, to get the bed & headroom, you'd have to go to the 17' size, which is a fair bit heavier, and you couldn't get the wood at any price.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:42 AM   #40
Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico

Congrats! Looks like a very nice trailer. We ordered ours sight unseen as well in 2005, about this time of the year if I remember correctly. We were always happy with the Scamp & enjoyed it greatly. It wasn't ready until Aug. Our son picked it up for us (he was living in ND at the time); drove it down to Loveland, CO in Sept (long weekend for Labor Day) where we met them & picked it up. Halfway between Minot & Las Cruces.

Just wondering, does your trailer have the option of a wider bed in back (one can be had in the Deluxe)? Well worth it if has, the narrow bed was what we didn't like about our Scamp.

Jon in AZ is right on the money about the 16' Casita being more limited in some areas than the Scamp. 16' Casita have a smaller fridge as well. Not sure about the beds in them, one way or the other.

I'm confident you will enjoy your Scamp.

Hope you make it to our part of the world someday, New Mexico.
DesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
2015 Lance 1985 ~ Casita de Campo ~23' 4"
~Previously ~ 2005 16' Scamp
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:43 PM   #41
Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp 16' Oak Deluxe Layout A - "Kiwi"
I'm not alone, site unseen, 16' Scamp purchaser!
mgellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:01 PM   #42
Name: Steven
Trailer: Currently Shopping
NW Wisconsin
The Scamp 16 DLX is a great choice . Having it delivered was also a smart move . Being from Minnesota , now is not the ideal time for a trip to Backus . Spring is still about 2 months away in that part of the state. We had a Scamp and greatly enjoyed it . I hope your experience is the same

steve dunham is online now   Reply With Quote

light, weight