Sebring Florida Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Hello, I just went to make reservations for the Rally in Sebring, Florida and they are all booked up. Does anybody know of any other campgrounds nearby I maybe could get into and then just drive over for the meet?

Thanks,
Melissa
Old 11-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Try this http://www.allstays.com/Campgrounds/fl-seb...campgrounds.htm
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #3

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Hello, I just went to make reservations for the Rally in Sebring, Florida and they are all booked up. Does anybody know of any other campgrounds nearby I maybe could get into and then just drive over for the meet?

Thanks,
Melissa
You might want to call the campground if you did not do so?
They are under major construction and I noticed they look all booked up on the website.
I would call to make sure.

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #4

Thanks for the heads up, I'll call them directly. So far I've checked with a couple of local campgrounds and I've been told they are an "adult" oriented park. We've learend that is code for "you are not welcome" even though their website doesnt specifically say 55 and up. We get that a lot down here. Others are "resorts" and have the prices to prove it, lol. I hate being the only popup among Luxury RVs. I'm only a little over 2 hrs away so maybe I'll just drive down Saturday morning and then drive back home if I cant find a nice family friendly CG. I still have more on the list to contact.

Thanks!
Melissa

Quote:
You might want to call the campground if you did not do so?
They are under major construction and I noticed they look all booked up on the website.
I would call to make sure.

Ed
Old 11-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #5

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Melissa,

I just went out to the Reserve America web site and they're showing several campsites available. I'm not sure if they're in the same area with the fiberglass group, but at least they're in the same park.

Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #6

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:

Thanks,
Melissa
They always hold a few sites off the list for "walk-ins"
if you come down , my guess is that they will find a spot for you, especially if you are flexible about hook-ups!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #7

Well, I just checked at Reserve American and the only sites they have available for the weekend are "Wild" sites with no water, electric, toilets or shower. The "Horse" sites require you to have a horse and they have zero ammenities as well. So I'll keep trying to book something nearby but if no luck I may try the "walk-up" sites. The thing is, my daughter doesnt get out of school till 3pm on Friday and I bet those sites are gone first thing in the morning. I wonder if you can be put on a wait list in case of cancellation?

Melissa
Old 11-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #8

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Quote:

Thanks,
Melissa
www.trailsendfishingresort.com in Lorida east of Sebring

www.buttonwoodbay.com right in Sebring

I know nothing about either one of these except there location. Was it Highlands Hammock you were trying to get into??? Good luck in your search
Old 11-06-2009, 10:30 PM   #9

Thanks for those two CG, turns out Buttonwood is a Sun RV Resort where you have to be a member and they dont allow popups. It's a luxury resort with manufactured homes, park models etc. I'll contact the Fishing resort as that looks nice and relaxing. With only 12 RV spots we'll see what they have. Since we live in Florida I forget the CG's are full with snowbirds in February. I'll keep hunting.

Thanks again!

Quote:
www.trailsendfishingresort.com in Lorida east of Sebring

www.buttonwoodbay.com right in Sebring

I know nothing about either one of these except there location. Was it Highlands Hammock you were trying to get into??? Good luck in your search
Old 11-07-2009, 07:40 AM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Have you contacted Alice Vernezze and kept her in the loop of your needs? Since she's keeping the registrations for Highlands Hammock, I'd think she also would be among the first to know when someone is canceling...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #11

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Quote:
Have you contacted Alice Vernezze and kept her in the loop of your needs? Since she's keeping the registrations for Highlands Hammock, I'd think she also would be among the first to know when someone is canceling...
Great idea Donna
Old 11-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #12

Oh duh, I never thought about Alice keeping a list and being the first to know if there is going to be a cancellation, lol! I'll let her know I'm interested in attending. Thanks for that suggestion! I must have been having a blond moment, lol.

Quote: