Sebring's coming - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #21

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveAlive View Post
Hmmmmnnnnn ...

No mention of this in the Rally Calendar. I looked it up here: Scamp Owners International- SOI

Too bad it's during the week. Looks like I might be in Sebring that weekend. I'd love to take the time off and join in! Have fun all.
there will be lots of fiberglass trailers there on both weekends come on down!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #22

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Sebring can't be coming.... Sebring is stationary. Hope you all have a great time under the palm trees, sipping your fresh orange juice.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #23

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Sebring can't be coming.... Sebring is stationary. Hope you all have a great time under the palm trees, sipping your fresh orange juice.
Actually that all depends on perspective and relativity...
From one perspective it is moving eastward at about 1000MPH as the earth spins on it's axis, from another it is "falling" in orbit around the sun at 65000MPH. From another, in February, it will be relatively crawling toward my Scamp at the rate of 57MPH.
Of course all of this is not probative due to the fact that "coming" refers to the "event" through "time", not space.

Come to think of it, when you add the spin of the Milky Way galaxy and it's overall relative speed in relation to other galaxies, it's a wonder we can find Sebring at all, let alone maintain our eqilibrium well enough to do more than just HANG-ON!
With all this hurtling it's a wonder we're not all hurling!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #24

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Ed,
We'll be arriving on Friday, 2/10 and departing on Sunday. I hope things warm up a bit for that weekend. We're in Floral City right now and it was down in the low 20's last night.
Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #25

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
When I saw the title of the thread my first reaction was "YES!!!! Speedweeks in Fla is starting, with the 12 hr of Sebring just around the corner! Yahoo!!!"

Then I started reading the posts

OOOPs - I was getting excited about the wrong event! My bad.
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #26

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
When I saw the title of the thread my first reaction was "YES!!!! Speedweeks in Fla is starting, with the 12 hr of Sebring just around the corner! Yahoo!!!"

Then I started reading the posts

OOOPs - I was getting excited about the wrong event! My bad.
Dave;

That's exactly where I hope to be that weekend, at the track.
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #27

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Quote:
Dave;

That's exactly where I hope to be that weekend, at the track.
Wish I was gonna be at the track, but not this time.

One of the items on my bucket list is the whole Speedweeks experience (except maybe "bike week"), incl the 12 hr of Sebring, 24 hr of Daytona and culminating with the Daytona 500.

(I did get to one of my "bucket list" races this past year - Bonneville Speedweek at "the Salt"!)
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #28

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Floyd you don't mention which site you are on?

I just caved in and booked 81 which is evidently listed as a Tent only site and I am a little worried that I will not be able to fit there?
Evidently if I can get situated on the site it is not a problem even though it is listed as a Tent site and I am fairly sire I remember seeing one of us there each time I have attended?

Has anyone else been on that site that can give me the lowdown?

It seemed better to have any reservation and change if possible than not have one and try to squeeze in at the last minute.

I spoke to the Rangers several times but I just can not get a straight answer about how exactly they determine the site suitability or if there will even be room for my truck there if I can get the trailer on the site at all.

Anyone?????????

Also I am curious if Steve Mcadams will be there or if I should plan on shooting the picture again?

I am getting egg-cited about the trip either way I just hope I can fit y trailer somewhere.

Ed

Ed, we just got back from HHSP with about 18 other Trailers, mostly casita's, I had site 77 and we congregated between Site #77 & 78. we had folks in 82 and 83 with a tent in 81. from my fragile memory I think you will be fine as most of the sites in the area are fairly big and plenty of room for your trailer & TV to park. I can't guarantee that it has water and electric but I'm sure it does. many of the sites seem to be set up backwards with the hookups on the wrong side

As for your post on wishing to see an eggcamper, about 4 years ago I gave a review on them on this forum when I went to see one that was down the street from where I live. I'll see if i can find it and edit this post. We'd thought about returning for the scampcamp but not sure it will work out, we are going to Favor Dykes with a small group on Feb 13th-16 I think
Bill MacDermod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #29

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill MacDermod View Post
Ed, we just got back from HHSP with about 18 other Trailers, mostly casita's, I had site 77 and we congregated between Site #77 & 78. we had folks in 82 and 83 with a tent in 81. from my fragile memory I think you will be fine as most of the sites in the area are fairly big and plenty of room for your trailer & TV to park. I can't guarantee that it has water and electric but I'm sure it does. many of the sites seem to be set up backwards with the hookups on the wrong side

As for your post on wishing to see an eggcamper, about 4 years ago I gave a review on them on this forum when I went to see one that was down the street from where I live. I'll see if i can find it and edit this post. We'd thought about returning for the scampcamp but not sure it will work out, we are going to Favor Dykes with a small group on Feb 13th-16 I think
Bill

Thanks but I also posted that I got a different site and that Melissa now has 81 in the T@B which I sold her.....ironic eh?

I have also been there several times and am fairly sure I remember seeing an Egg in every spot along that row. They do all have electric and water and you are so right about the strange orientation of the sites.

Last year I had to study mine for a while before deciding that I understood which way it sat?
Very odd layouts

Anyway I appreciate the EggCamper info but I am already very well versed on them and considered seriously buying one that popped up here for sale recently too.

Of course no amount of reading and talking can take the place of seeing and being inside one so that is what I am really looking forward to.

Thanks

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #30

Registry
Plans have finalized and so we are driving down to the Raceway Friday evening. Camping there overnight. Saturday seeing some racing, attending a club meet and driving back that night.

Highlands Hammock is on our route home so was thinking about stopping by to say Hi if there is anyone still going to be there Saturday evening?

I realize the ScampCamp started yesterday and don't know if anyone will see this! I thought it was worth a try anyway.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #31

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (was 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up)
Registry
Quote:
Highlands Hammock is on our route home so was thinking about stopping by to say Hi if there is anyone still going to be there Saturday evening?

I realize the ScampCamp started yesterday and don't know if anyone will see this! I thought it was worth a try anyway.
We're heading home Saturday morning, as are most people, but it sounds like several people will remain through the weekend.
There are a variety of campers here, from all shapes and sizes of Scamps all over the place (including Merle's dual axle 5er), Casitas, Trillium, EggCamper and more.
There is a Vixen owners group here this week too, only about 3-4 of them, but they are nice looking low height motor homes with popup roofs, powered by a BMW turbodiesel engine, out of production for about 30 years (I never saw any of those before). There is also an aluminum "LivingLite" that I'd like to take a look at down here.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #32

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
I will be there in my T@B till checkout time on Sunday. Will be headed down Thurs.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #33

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
We're heading home Saturday morning, as are most people, but it sounds like several people will remain through the weekend.
There are a variety of campers here, from all shapes and sizes of Scamps all over the place (including Merle's dual axle 5er), Casitas, Trillium, EggCamper and more.
There is a Vixen owners group here this week too, only about 3-4 of them, but they are nice looking low height motor homes with popup roofs, powered by a BMW turbodiesel engine, out of production for about 30 years (I never saw any of those before). There is also an aluminum "LivingLite" that I'd like to take a look at down here.
Maybe you can get some pictures? It would be interesting to see what the Vixens look like. Also would like to hear what you think of the LivinLite, if you get a tour.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #34

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I should be here till Sunday checkout too.

Site 88

Stop and say hello
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #35

Registry
OK, thanks guys. I'm going to try and swing by on the way home. It's going to depend what time we leave the track and what the trouble and strife has to say about it!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #36

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (was 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Maybe you can get some pictures? It would be interesting to see what the Vixens look like. Also would like to hear what you think of the LivinLite, if you get a tour.
Here's a photo of one of the Vixens. By the time I got to see the "LivingLite", it was gone, so I missed my chance. I actually glimpsed a LivingLite headed South on I-75 when we were headed home, which is one more than the numbers of Scamps I saw while headed home. We did see a caravan of Airstreams headed south, so maybe they're taking our vacated spots at Highlands Hammocks! Had a great time this year but miss the short sleeve weather Saturday morning that i traded for the 18 degree weather in Atlanta Saturday night.
Attached Thumbnails
VIXEN (1000 x 750).jpg  
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #37

Name: Terri
Trailer: GMC Savana. I had a 2009 scamp. I had a van. In 2013 had a Scamp
Florida
Site 53.

Hey Floyd.
I'm in site 53.
Last year I waited to late to get reggie. I had to move every night.
If you can't find a site, you all are welcome to share 53....if they will allow it.

Terri and Priddy Girl.
kyrain5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #38

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Sebring's coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrain5 View Post
Hey Floyd.

I'm in site 53.

Last year I waited to late to get reggie. I had to move every night.

If you can't find a site, you all are welcome to share 53....if they will allow it.

Terri and Priddy Girl.

They do not allow it......1 trailer to a site. And this is a very old thread. There is a newer thread related to Scamp Camp 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 01-24-2017, 10:44 PM   #39

Name: Jill
Trailer: Eggcamper
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
We are bringing our Eggcamper to site 49, Wed-Sun.
MinnesotaJill is offline   Reply With Quote