Secrets of RV's - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2003, 06:21 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Secrets of RV's

Ok, probably preaching to the choir here, but the Travel Channel promises to unlock the "Secrets of RVs" ... on a new show called, "Secrets of RVs."

Catchy name, eh?

It's on tv tomorrow night 8-12 at 9 p.m. Eastern time.

http://travel.discovery.com/schedule/episo...262&channel=TRV

Set those vcrs and tivos now.

But, of course, we already know the real secret of RVs ... and that's make sure you buy a molded fiberglass rv!

So fine, so fine.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 08:11 PM   #2

Secrets of RV's

Well, I just got done watching this show and boy are there some awesome RV's out there.

I just wish they touched on more of the RV's normal everyday joe shmoe's own. i.e. our fiberglass RV's.

They didn't really go in at all with our smaller types of rv's and I think that a show should be done on our types of trailers. But then of course we don't spend $1,000,000.00 for our trailers.

Oh well, I guess it is nice to see what those whoppers look like but for now I'm happy with our little fiberglass wonder!

Old 08-12-2003, 09:06 PM   #3

I enjoyed the show also, and agree more common types of rv would have been better. I also would have enjoyed interviews with full timers and thier lifestyle. how about a full-timer in a casita or scamp next time.

Old 08-13-2003, 05:50 AM   #4

Secrets

I watched this as well. Did anybody else spot the 17' Bigfoot? That was the only FG trailer I saw. A split second photo...

I was disappointed to learn of the requirements to park at an "RV Resort"! Mary and I were laughing about how much fun it would be to drag our Scamp into the Vegas resort and scooch in between the $1,000,000.00 coaches.

I also enjoyed the museum in Indiana. It was interesting to see all of the units. I was particularly interested in the old Winnebago. I am originally from Forest City, Iowa. The home of the Winnebago. I actually worked in the Winnebago factory for a couple of Summers during college...making the stick built units :r

Old 08-13-2003, 08:10 AM   #5

RV Show

Watched it, too. The Resort in Las Vegas wouldn't let us in (we're too small!) 30 ft. minimum. Who needs them! Staying at Lake Meade would be better anyway! And the part about the Airstreams! the guys says "rounded edges, doesn't leak!" I snorted my soda through my nose! Pulleeeeaaasse - I wish! He is not aware that it is leaking, that's all! AND the 200 gallon fuel tank on the Marathon - now that's a lap pool! You might be able to cruise for 1,000 miles - but your mileage is terrible! :o You'd be lucky to get 5 miles to the gallon! Filler' up! that will be $340.00 dollars, please!
After all that - I believe our Eggtrailer is perfect!! :) Too bad they weren't even acknowledged!

Old 08-13-2003, 08:15 AM   #6

RV Today - on OLN

There is a great weekly show on the Outdoor Life Network (OLN), half an hour on Saturday afternoons - that highlights all kinds of RV's, RV'ers, destinations, fix-it tips, shortcuts, recipes and like that. I really enjoy this show, but have never seen a fiberglass trailer showcased on this either. Maybe it's a secret, or a right-wing conspiracy?:E :E

Old 08-13-2003, 08:23 AM   #7

The Real Secret

Yeah, after watching "Secrets of the RV" and not seeing any FGRVs, I would say we are the real secret of the RV world.

Old 08-13-2003, 08:24 AM   #8

Secrets

I didnt watch it, but it sounds like some of those home tv shows. They dont show you how to remodel a $70k house, (must not be worth it) but usually the $500k one. Or they don't show you how the "regular" folk live, but the elaborate. I get tired of them, since they certainly dont pertain to me, or ever will. I am happy with my little abode on the lake and my 16' fiberglass. O.K., maybe a 19' 5th wheel Scamp and a bigger sewing room, but that's all!

Old 08-13-2003, 10:50 AM   #9

RV

Hey Jeremy, I actually did see the Big Foot but it was so quick I wasn't really sure. I'm glad someone else thinks they saw it too.

Old 08-13-2003, 02:36 PM   #10

Yeah, I caught the fraction of a second shot of the Bigfoot... only reason why anyone of us saw it was more than likely because we were looking for something in glass...

I had to chuckle last night... I kept thinking that you could park 3 of some of our rigs inside some of those behemoths... and the LV Park... 40x100 feet... think of how many of our rigs we could put on one site!

Old 08-13-2003, 03:02 PM   #11

I not only caught the split second pix of the Bigfoot as they panned the RV show ... did you happen to see the Bigfoot logo (Yeti) in the opening credits?

You had to look quick!

I'm telling you ... the secret of RV'ing is to own a cute little fiberglass rig.

My nose would start bleeding if I had to climb up on some of those big rigs to wash and treat the rubber roof!

Nope, give me a molded fiberglass roof ...

Low maintainence ... lasts a good long while (as witnessed by all the 30 year old rigs around this website.)

Yup, we know the secret!

Old 08-14-2003, 10:11 AM   #12

The first thing I thought of when the *older* lady climbs out of the large motorhome was she won't be doing that often. four days in a three step-er and I couldn't walk. a two week holiday in one of those mile high ones, and I'd be getting knee surgery.

Old 08-16-2003, 07:05 PM   #13

The simple joys of small rigs

A good part of the fun of camping in our kinds of RVs is the simplicity of it, a basic comfort requiring some minimum of competence and ingenuity. I like backing into a campsite and setting up. I like cooking a simple meal, listening to the radio, reading a good book. I don't need or want, in these circumstances, a five star hotel. I've only been doing this for a year now, but I'm taken with the nice facilities available at campgrounds I've visited, and the camaraderie and helpfulness of neighbours next to me. We can admire one another's rigs without envy -- the lovely Airstream on one side, an A-liner on the other -- and everywhere I look for Bolers and Trills (the more common ones in my neck of the woods), not Winnebagos and $200,000 rigs.