Selling Scamp 5th. Wheel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-13-2003, 04:16 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Selling Scamp 5th. Wheel

:bh I have run into A problem selling my trailer. I have 4 or 5 people interested but as soon as I tell them " that " they say they don,t want to get here and trailer already sold. I don,t blame them I would fill the same way. I just cannot come up with A way to do it if they don,t want to buy A trailer site unseen.
What I need to know how has other people handled this. A couple of these people live 7 or 8 Hundred miles away.

:ola

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 04:45 PM   #2

Hi
Geez, that's a tough one.

Who seems the most sincere and likely to buy. Arrange a time for that person to come and agree to hold it until that day.

If they don't buy then I would ask the rest of them how soon they can come look. Assure the one who can get there first that you will hold it until they come. Tell the others that someone is coming to look on "Friday" and if they don't buy it, you will let the next person come with the guarantee that you will hold it for them.

or see who can come the soonest, or who lives the closest or......

Honestly I think I would go with who can get there the quickest (agree to hold it though) and work from there.

Nancy

Old 07-13-2003, 05:47 PM   #3

Well put Nancy

one other suggestion make an honest list of the trailers condition.
I travled 800 mile to look at my Trill . the people i bought it from had done that . So there was no surpises when i arrived .
we also worked out payment arrangements before i left . CASH!
this slowed me down by 2 weeks.
we worked out use of there tags prior to me leaveing.
Purchase went very smooth trailer was what they said it was pictures of old and new owers taken with the lill trill and no surprises .
well major ones anyway lol:cheers

Old 07-13-2003, 06:42 PM   #4

5th. Scamp

Thank you for the replies. I have done both of these things. . One person from Ohio helt me up for A week and then when it come down to it I don,t hear another word from him. I took it off the market for A week when he said he was putting A $500.00 check in the mail to hold it for him. :bh I have told everone if they have seen A new 5th. wheel that is what mine looks like.

Old 07-13-2003, 09:54 PM   #5

Selling

I agree with the above statements. If they want it they will come. The right person just hasn't come along yet. Don't give up. If the price is right, it will sell.

I would tell anyone that wanted to look, that I would hold it from the time they left their house to come to look at it. I wouldn't even ask for a deposit, or even take a deposit. But I would have to get an exact date and time that they would be coming to look. And if it wasn't soon I would tell them to call be before they left their house, because it may have sold already. If someone else called and was interested in looking at it, I would make an appointment and offer to sell it with the same understanding. I would sell it to the first person with the money and call anyone that had an appointment and tell them that it was sold.

You can not afford to hold it for someone that isn't on their way to see it.

Good luck

Old 07-15-2003, 04:23 PM   #6

I bought mine sight-unseen.

My used 5th wheel was half a country away. I asked for pictures inside & out. (Turns out pictures are deceiving.) I e-mailed back & forth several times till I had a sense that the sellers were trustworthy. I sent half the money, he delivered the trailer to my daughter in NY & she had the other half of the money in a cashier's check to give him on delivery. However, I have always been a risk-taker. It's only money. Unfortunately, my 5th wheel is not in as good a condition as I had counted on. Put my daughter in an awkward position as to whether to give him the rest of the money. I still haven't seen it yet. I say take a deposit from the one most interested & hold it till they get there. Then on to the next in line. You gotta have faith!

Old 07-16-2003, 07:20 PM   #7

I like Rons approach. Saying you will hold it for three days (or something) and take names of others who want to be in line. It's not like there are 5th wheeled fiberglass trailers every few states.
it's too bad someone said they where interested enough for you to pull the sale of the trailer, then not come through. but hopefully more people are trust worthy.

Old 07-17-2003, 09:07 AM   #8

selling high $ items

:wave I bought mine off ebay and I can't say that it was not as advertised except for one thing, a cat had used it for a sandbox. List it on ebay and describe it honestly and to the best of your ability with recent pics and put the lowest reserve price your willing to take, how you will accept payment and delivery options if any, and let er rip. I bought mine and the couple let us use their tag to get it home and we sent the tag back thru the mail.

Tags
scamp