Senior Member? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #21

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
One of the main reasons for the switch is that Social Knowledge (our little forum company) uses vBulletin on the other sites we use. We know this software like the back of our hands and have developed tons of tools to solve problems that plague many forums. Once we get settled into the new software we will start to roll out some of these new features and that's when the real evolution will start. Here is a list of some stuff we plan to add:
- Ability for members to upload documents to our Document Center archives to help that resource grow
- A database of members trailers that includes the year, make, model, features, customizations, etc. It will be searchable and each entry can also have many photos.
- Restoration Blogs where members can journal their restoration projects for the rest to see and comment
- Travel blogs so we can watch our fellow members journeys
- iPhone app so you can participate from your hand held device (Android and BBerry comind later)
- RSVP system on events with an enhanced calendar. We will list all the upcoming events and you can RSVP with a Yes, Attending, No, can't attend or Maybe. You can even leave comments like "I am bringing XYZ to the pot luck dinner" or I will be in campsite #12"

That's just the tip of the iceberg on what we have in store for our community and we will discuss each option with the community and if there is demand, then we can install it. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch the community evolve and grow.

Oh year, expect a lot more people to find our site and registration rates to increase. The software is highly search engine optimized and within 6 months we should really start to see a lot more people finding our site, joining and expand the number of people contributing to the community.
All sounds good, Andy. On the "smart phones" don't forget the Palm Pre Plus phone from Verizon. I have one and absolutely love it. I think it runs "common sense" circles around the BBerry and Droid (Lordy I hate their commercials), etc.

Thanks,

Keith Williams
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #22

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 2001
Sending a HUGE thank-you to Janet of the Forums staff for resolving the issue with our user name (we had problem with the "&" sign). Now that I am once again able to sign in, I am looking forward to exploring all the new upgrades on the site. Very happy the "back button" feature works first time, every time! Thanks again to Janet and all the mods for their efforts.
Deb
Deb&Sam D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #23

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
The "senior member" title is something default with the forum software. It basically gives a different title based on the number of posts you have. We will try to come up with some more creative and fitting usernames for the Fiberglass RV niche.

We imported any custom avatars but we were unable to import system based avatars. We will try to get any default avatars loaded and then you can select one ASAP.

If you want, it's also very easy to create and have your own custom avatar. You can either load a photo to the avatar page (here) or simply attached a photo to this thread and we can help you crop it and make sure it looks nice at little avatar size.
I'm just happy to be listed as a Regular member (as opposed to a junior member). The Casita Travel forum lists me as a "Advanced" member. And I really haven't posted very much on that forum. Go figure!

I really like the new changes to this forum. For one thing it is really nice to track an individual member's posts. Many times I remember some bit of info on a product or MOD that, say, Frederick has posted. But I don't remember the title of the thread - just a general month that it occurred. Now I can sift through his posts and find that thread! Great tool!

Can't wait for other changes to come on board.

Great work!!
Jane P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #24

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
hummmmm new changes on the forum I see. Lost my avatar photo and now I'm a senior member.
LOL If it helps Brandy I know I am on the Senior edge but I never would have thought of you as one! :-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #25

Trailer: 1972 Boler American ('The USS NeverSail')
Registry
Quote:
- iPhone app so you can participate from your hand held device (Android and BBerry comind later)

Which iPhone app is it? I have Forum Runner downloaded and can not find the forum on it. They advertise as set for viewing Social Knowledge vBulletin forums. Or has it just not been set up yet as the form is new to vBulletin? I will find it great access from my iPhone.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #26
Administrator

Forum Runner's app costs $1.99 and I want ours to be free. That's why we will have our own private label Fiberglass RV app. ETA about a month. Forum Runner is developing this for us.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #27

Wink

UPDATE

Well, it seems that I posted for the 100th time and am now a senior member.

So far, most of those posts have been asking for info rather then imparting knowledge.

Let's here it for seniors everywhere.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #28

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
WELL, Jane (seniorette??) congrats on that 'senior's update', LOL!!

You STILL fit right in with the rest of the group.....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #29

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
I'm typing this to see what I am.....
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #30

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
I'm typing to this to become a Senior Member
Rick Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #31

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
Did I do it
Rick Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #32

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Thomas View Post
I'm typing this to see what I am.....
Well Bruce, I'd be interested to see your title after your 200th post.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mager View Post
WELL, Jane (seniorette??) congrats on that 'senior's update', LOL!!

You STILL fit right in with the rest of the group.....
Doug, you are the bomb!