Serial numbers on a Trillium - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #113
Senior Member
 
Brian B-P's Avatar
 
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Posts: 5,000
You can also force the font to something with a fixed width, to keep the alignment between rows and make it easier to scan down columns:

Default font:
David Tilston:.....13-2300*609.'73?: Front Gaucho *2300 = imaginary
indigodave:........13-2202178...'74: Front Gaucho
Richard Hayes:....13-2202093...'74 Front Gaucho
Francis C:..........13-1102833...'75: Front Gaucho
Martins HeirCon:..13-1102981....'75: Front Gaucho (Feb '75)

"Lucida Console" font (with number of alignment "." adjusted):
David Tilston:.....13-2300*609..'73?: Front Gaucho *2300 = imaginary
indigodave:........13-2202178...'74: Front Gaucho
Richard Hayes:.....13-2202093...'74: Front Gaucho
Francis C:.........13-1102833...'75: Front Gaucho
Martins HeirCon:...13-1102981...'75: Front Gaucho (Feb '75)


It was nice when the software running FiberglassRV supported tables.

The list is a great thing, regardless of formatting. Thanks, David
__________________

__________________
1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
STATUS: No longer active in forum.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #114
Senior Member
 
David Tilston's Avatar
 
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Posts: 5,292
Registry
For the next update.

On (Canada) - 1973? - Trilllium 1300 - $4500
__________________

__________________
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #115
Senior Member
 
Brian B-P's Avatar
 
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Posts: 5,000
Hey, when I posted my last suggestion on a PC the "Lucidia Console" part displayed in nice columns... but on my tablet the font must not be available, and the substituted font is not monospace, so it doesn't help.
__________________
1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
STATUS: No longer active in forum.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:48 AM   #116
Senior Member
 
Roger C H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Posts: 2,163
Registry
Cool My documentation

My trailer only had the tag under the left front clearance light. It didn't look too sturdy so I took the picture. Luckily I did because when I checked recently the tag was so weathered as to be virtually blank!

Note to Brian: Courier is a constant space font. Every letter takes up the same amount of space.
Attached Thumbnails
DCP_2898.jpg  
__________________
A charter member of the Buffalo Plaid Brigade!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #117
Senior Member
 
David Tilston's Avatar
 
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Posts: 5,292
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
My trailer only had the tag under the left front clearance light. It didn't look too sturdy so I took the picture. Luckily I did because when I checked recently the tag was so weathered as to be virtually blank!
Bummer! Trillium / Outback still use the closet sticker.
Looks like the modern VIN #
MANUFACTURED BY TRILLIUM RE LTD. MFG DATE: December 2008
GVWR 2000 LBS (907 KG) GAWR 2000 LBS (907 KG)
TIRES ST175/??R13 RIMS 13 X 5.00 COLD TIRE INFLATION 32 PSI (220 kPa)

VIN: 1T9BV131695(S?)948127 ? TYPE: TRAILER
__________________
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #118
Senior Member
 
Brian B-P's Avatar
 
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Posts: 5,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
Note to Brian: Courier is a constant space font. Every letter takes up the same amount of space.
It should be, but the Courier New offered by the forum does not appear to be.
__________________
1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
STATUS: No longer active in forum.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #119
Senior Member
 
Francesca Knowles's Avatar
 
Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Posts: 4,543
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Bummer! Trillium / Outback still use the closet sticker.
Looks like the modern VIN #
MANUFACTURED BY TRILLIUM RE LTD. MFG DATE: December 2008
GVWR 2000 LBS (907 KG) GAWR 2000 LBS (907 KG)
TIRES ST175/??R13 RIMS 13 X 5.00 COLD TIRE INFLATION 32 PSI (220 kPa)

VIN: 1T9BV131695(S?)948127 ? TYPE: TRAILER
Hey, David! Once Roger clears up the question numbers, will you start a whole new set of numbers for second-gens?

And to Roger:

Is that the only place on the trailer where the VIN appears, or is Trillium stamping it on the frame somewhere, too? I wondered if maybe it's also on the tongue, for example, as with Scamps...

Francesca
__________________
.................................
Propane Facts vs. Fiction:. Click here
Tow Limit Calculator: Click here
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #120
Senior Member
 
Brian B-P's Avatar
 
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Posts: 5,000
Vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Looks like the modern VIN #
In this century, it would need to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
VIN: 1T9BV131695(S?)948127 ?
A VIN can systematically parsed. Here's my quick attempt:
1T9 = group of small manufacturers including Trillium RV (starting with "1" indicates United States, ending in "9" indicates a manufacturer of under 500 vehicles per year, perhaps all small US trailer manufacturers are in "T"?)
BV131 = Vehicle Descriptor Section
this is the part in which Trillium can describe the vehicle, like the first part of the old serial number (for instance, Load Trail uses the last three digits for length and axle count, which could be how Trillium RV is using the "13" and "1")
6 = check digit
95948127 = Vehicle Identifier Section, further broken down into
9 = model year 2009
5 = ?
948 = specifically Trillium RV, among the 1T9 group of manufacturers
127 = serial number
__________________
1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
STATUS: No longer active in forum.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #121
Senior Member
 
Francesca Knowles's Avatar
 
Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Posts: 4,543
Registry
Fascinating, Brian!

So can we assume that Roger's is the 127th unit produced?

Francesca
__________________
.................................
Propane Facts vs. Fiction:. Click here
Tow Limit Calculator: Click here
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #122
Senior Member
 
Brian B-P's Avatar
 
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Posts: 5,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
So can we assume that Roger's is the 127th unit produced?
Likely... in that year, or in the whole model run, I think at the discretion of the manufacturer. Wildly guessing, I suppose it's likely to be the 127th 13-foot trailer by Trillium RV since they started a few years ago.

It might be time for someone (not me any time soon - I don't even own a Trillium!) to ask Tom if we're on the right track...
__________________
1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
STATUS: No longer active in forum.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #123
Senior Member
 
Francesca Knowles's Avatar
 
Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Posts: 4,543
Registry
Yeah- I think David talked to Tom once or twice, but don't know if the convo was about the second-gen numbers, too....maybe I'll drop him an email.

Now that I think about it I wonder if it's possible Roger's 13 footer is number 137 off the second-gen line. It's a 2008 model...I don't know when production actually began, but it seems to me it was around spring that year-?

As you say, probably time to go to the source...

Francesca
__________________
.................................
Propane Facts vs. Fiction:. Click here
Tow Limit Calculator: Click here
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #124
Senior Member
 
Brian B-P's Avatar
 
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Posts: 5,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Now that I think about it I wonder if it's possible Roger's 13 footer is number 137 off the second-gen line. It's a 2008 model...
Although manufactured in December 2008, the VIN indicates a 2009 model year, which is typical.

This brings up a good point, though: it couldn't be the 127th 2009 model year unit produced, so if it is simply a sequential count starting from zero it must be for the calendar year 2008, or the whole run of production (which could be the same thing...)
__________________
1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
STATUS: No longer active in forum.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #125
Senior Member
 
David Tilston's Avatar
 
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Posts: 5,292
Registry
For the next update:
AB (Canada) - 1975 - Trillium 1300 - $5600

Also, copied from a PM, (is that OK?).

Tot Breher
My Trillium is a 1978 10 footer.
The VIN # is 131105687.
I'll post pictures as soon as I finish cleaning it up. I've owned it for 35 years, and it's in great condition, but it's been standing for several years and the exterior is really dirty.

Tot

As for the current models, I will make a section in the list for them. I see no reason not to.
__________________
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #126
Junior Member
 
Name: Helga
Trailer: (formerly owned) trillium
New Jersey
Posts: 5
Hi David
Paper on closet door says ser # 13-1201479 of 74 13" Trillium
__________________

__________________
Helga in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
trillium


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trillium 1300 Serial Number Rick Mooyman Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 8 04-30-2015 05:22 PM
uhaul serial numbers and tracking andrew78 General Chat 5 11-03-2012 10:22 AM
Possible trillium--no title, no serial # jenbooks Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 42 04-23-2012 04:20 PM
production numbers Perry Mac Donald General Chat 3 05-12-2010 07:13 PM
numbers BAMA & Pachyderm Posse Forum Admin, News & Announcements 1 02-15-2007 10:01 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.